Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to learn to love the glock grip angle?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was just playing with a G5 19 MOS with a SRO, and a M&P 2.0 Compact with a SRO, doing support hand presentations. I didn’t notice any difference between the two in finding the dot. I suspect there is a difference in the grip angle of the two pistols, but it did not show up doing what is generally considered hard with a dot gun. As the Kelley guys says, do what you need to do to align the sights or dot.

PS: I did notice differences in the two triggers, but again you just need to press them so the dot stays where you need it to.
    Fast forward a few years. I have been competing with a 320 based pistol, and carrying a Macro. When I grab an unmodified Glock, it definitely points high for me now. However, if I hook my support index finger on the trigger guard, it points naturally for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Personally, I don't think it's possible to learn to love a grip or grip angle that doesn't feel good or right to you the second you pick it up the first time. Sure, you can learn to shoot it fine, but I think having the "right" grip is always a slight advantage. I personally dislike the Glock grip a lot, and I can't say too much good about a 1911 either. My favorites are the "original" Beretta 92FS grip, not the Vertex, and the CZ75 and clones in centerfire guns, and the best of them all is the Taurus TX22 Compact, which is fantastic. I like my GX4 TORO too, but the TX22 is just perfect.

IMO point naturally is one of the most important thing for pistol shooting, no matter uspsa/tactical/self defense use. I carry a G26 since 2008, and still carry it. but right now I prefer other striker guns like CZ M&P, SAR9 gen 2/3, Canik Mete and P320s etc. you can cut and modify Gen4/5 glock back straps to change the grip angel slightly, but I will not spend any money/ time on a new glock.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I’ve haven’t given much consideration to grip angle of late. Except, now that we are plopping dots on top of these things, I noticed a little more adjustment time picking up the Glock.

I don't like the native Glock grip angle, either; but a friend handed me his GSSF Unlimited gun. With compensator and frame weight, the front end is held down a bit and it comes up to aim quite naturally for my 1911 habits.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    Personally, I don't think it's possible to learn to love a grip or grip angle that doesn't feel good or right to you the second you pick it up the first time. Sure, you can learn to shoot it fine, but I think having the "right" grip is always a slight advantage. I personally dislike the Glock grip a lot, and I can't say too much good about a 1911 either. My favorites are the "original" Beretta 92FS grip, not the Vertex, and the CZ75 and clones in centerfire guns, and the best of them all is the Taurus TX22 Compact, which is fantastic. I like my GX4 TORO too, but the TX22 is just perfect.
    Love the GX4 Toro grip

With someone would come out with a p365 xl grip.that.mimics this

Isn't the 1911 with arched main spring housing the same grip angle as a Glock?

I’ve never liked the Glock grip angle, but in the last few years it’s gotten downright painful - I’ve suspected it was due to early stage arthritis, but we are now checking out whether it might be carpal tunnel. I’d like to investigate grip reshaping because even though I carry HK these days I really do like the simplicity of Glocks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve never liked the Glock grip angle, but in the last few years it’s gotten downright painful - I’ve suspected it was due to early stage arthritis, but we are now checking out whether it might be carpal tunnel. I’d like to investigate grip reshaping because even though I carry HK these days I really do like the simplicity of Glocks.
    Large frame Glocks (G20/21) are the only guns I've ever picked up and instantly had to put back down due to grip shape causing a bad carpal tunnel flare up. So for me, the large frame Glocks absolutely cause massive pain related to diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome.

Small frame Glocks (normal frame?) cause pain eventually while shooting. The G19 is usually within a box of ammo, the G17 after a couple of hundred rounds.

Contrast 1911s, HKs, M&Ps, revolvers do not cause pain unless I shoot a ton (>250 rounds) of ammo. Lone exception is if I shoot 100 rounds through an Airweight J-Frame, that I feel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Isn't the 1911 with arched main spring housing the same grip angle as a Glock?
    No.

One is a 22 degree angle and one is a 17 or 18 degree angle.

User Tag List