Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Magpul FDC-9

I’m betting it will scare the piss out of the new administration because reasons and get specifically banned. Just like they got their panties in a wad because of a derringer shaped like a cellphone. I’m sour and pessimistic, my new norm. Get off my lawn.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I’m betting it will scare the piss out of the new administration because reasons and get specifically banned. Just like they got their panties in a wad because of a derringer shaped like a cellphone. I’m sour and pessimistic, my new norm. Get off my lawn.
    Optimistically but still realistically, I could see the SBR version being allowed but not a braced version.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Where do they get these guys? "If you're getting the mail, taking the garbage out...it's a folding machine gun."

Everybody knows PCC will get you killed in the street in front of your house on a violent mail run. Sling your AR like a man for those duties.

Seriously, where do they get these guys?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Where do they get these guys? "If you're getting the mail, taking the garbage out...it's a folding machine gun."

Everybody knows PCC will get you killed in the street in front of your house on a violent mail run. Sling your AR like a man for those duties.

Yeah, that was pretty cringeworthy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty cringeworthy.
    Curious to know if either of you remember or saw this when the video first came out?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

After watching that video the desire to own one increases.... cringeworthy yes, Still..... I looooove stupid useless SMG type things.... Just look in my safes....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Curious to know if either of you remember or saw this when the video first came out?
    I do.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I do.
    So then I’m surprised that you don’t see it for the humor it was meant to be.

Although I can’t forgive the chin strap beard...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

So then I’m surprised that you don’t see it for the humor it was meant to be.

Although I can’t forgive the chin strap beard...
    It’s a little too subtle for me. I see derp.
    Ken

It’s a little too subtle for me. I see derp.
    You know, I think that speaks more to the pervasiveness of online derp today compared to 2008. I don’t remember being confused when the video came out. I looked at it sideways just now, though. Today, unless I know the source, my default assumption for any content is derp - especially when it includes poor facial hair choices.

Around 2008, I recall any derpiness getting plenty of attention from knowledgeable folks and everyone having a good laugh. Not so much today. Perhaps it is because of the volume of online content compared to 2008. M4c and 10-8 had plenty of knowledgeable folks and the signal-to-noise ratio was manageable for anyone looking to learn. Wasn’t Pistol-training.com launched around 2007? Perhaps I’m getting old and curmudgeonly, but I think of that time as something of a peak in quality online content. There were some fantastic trainers putting out content, and it seemed easy to separate the wheat from the chaff. As a young cop looking to get better, I was thankful for quality content available outside of my agency’s dogma. No doubt there is more quality content out there today, but there are so many more cool-looking derps attracting followers. I couldn’t imagine navigating the waters as a new shooter today. Who knows what crap I’d end up treating as gospel...

User Tag List