Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dot torture for DA revolvers?

Dot torture for DA revolvers?

Did a quick search and did not find reference to dot torture for DA revolvers. I have the striker and DA/SA targets, is there a target for DA revolvers (snub nose carry is my focus).

If not - any recommended drills similar to dot torture for snubby’s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It dawned on me, I could probably just use the SFA version. Overthinking the reloads portion maybe.

I did a couple DT “lite” 20 round target pdfs. If you can come up with a course of fire you’d like to use with a five- or six-shot revolver, let me know. Be happy to put one together for you.

Maybe like 18 rounds / 2 reloads for six and 20 rounds / 3 reloads for a five shot?

I was going to suggest @RJ 's DA Dot Torture Lite, but now he goes and volunteers to make a revolver one.

I tell ya: the people we have around here.

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Dot torture for DA revolvers?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I did a couple DT “lite” 20 round target pdfs. If you can come up with a course of fire you’d like to use with a five- or six-shot revolver, let me know. Be happy to put one together for you.

Maybe like 18 rounds / 2 reloads for six and 20 rounds / 3 reloads for a five shot?
    With ammo supply the way it is, I like the lite idea. Are those targets in the printable target thread? I found two versions your posted. The 20rd non-TDA looks like a winner for me.

I have a 5-shot, will think up some courses of fire and see what you can make of it.

Last edited by kjr_29; 01-15-2021 at 02:05 PM.

I just shoot Dot Torture regular when I'm running a revolver. I have to pay attention to ammo when I'm doing the four shot strings, but that's no big deal. For the reloads, I'll load 1 round in the gun, shoot it, eject it, and then reload with a full speedloader. I do them right after the 5 shot draw string so that I'll have enough ammo for three full speedloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    With ammo supply the way it is, I like the lite idea. Are those targets in the printable target thread? I found two versions your posted. The 20rd non-TDA looks like a winner for me.

I have a 5-shot, will think up some courses of fire and see what you can make of it.

Yes they are. Happy to help.

I have a snubby, and may go ahead and do a five shot friendly one. I both hate and love DT; I guess that's why I shoot it (poorly.)

DA/SA friendly DT Lite: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1129062

SFA friendly DT Lite: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1127187

Yes they are. Happy to help.

I have a snubby, and may go ahead and do a five shot friendly one. I both hate and love DT; I guess that's why I shoot it (poorly.)
    What about this as a "Snubby" friendly DT (lite)?

Dot Torture “Lite” (Snubby Version)

Dot# – Shots:
    1 – 5 shots, slow fire

reload

2 – draw, one shot
    3, 4 – draw, 1 on 3, 1 on 4 (2x)

reload

5 – draw, one shot strong hand
    6 – draw, 1 on 6, 1 on 7 (2x)

reload

8 – ready, one shot weak hand
    9,10 – draw, 1 on 9, 1 on 10 (2x)

I just run the TDA version and ignore all that silliness about single action trigger presses.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    What about this as a "Snubby" friendly DT (lite)?

Dot Torture “Lite” (Snubby Version)

Dot# – Shots:
    1 – 5 shots, slow fire

reload

2 – draw, one shot
    3, 4 – draw, 1 on 3, 1 on 4 (2x)

reload

5 – draw, one shot strong hand
    6 – draw, 1 on 6, 1 on 7 (2x)

reload

8 – ready, one shot weak hand
    9,10 – draw, 1 on 9, 1 on 10 (2x)
    For 6&7, instead of repeating 3&4, I would do a single run of 2 to 6 and 2 to 7. Same number of rounds, but gets the two shots on a single dot before transition in.

9&10 - I think, even though it is fiddly to practice reloading with a j, I should practice reloading it if I’m going to keep carrying it, so I have done the reload step between 9&10 when using DT. Probably will continue, even when using the “5 shot lite” DT.

It had not occurred to me to do just.one.shot when doing the draw to shots on 2&5, or ready on 8. That makes a ton of sense.

I might also dry fire the whole thing before live firing it.

User Tag List