Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: secondcitycop.blogspot.com down?

So,how do we like being sensored? Functionally, for the moment, w/o a 1st amendment?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    So,how do we like being sensored? Functionally, for the moment, w/o a 1st amendment?
    I don't think anyone is being sensored. Unless they're inside a machine at a hospital somewhere.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    If you want to talk the politics of it, you know where to do so.

From a LE perspective, you're taking a risk running any sort of social media that can be traced to you and your department. Our IA does more social media complaints then anything else. Think about that. More then use of force issues, more then driving complaints, etc. This has been the case for years. Hell, we've got a probationary officer now who's going to eat some days over tik-tok videos in uniform. I've issued a two day suspension to a probationary officer for social media myself. There were calls for 10 days and at least one of the captain on the board of captains wanted termination. (The board reviews all discipline issued and can agree, reverse, or add to). I would be very careful, especially if you don't have merit protection, posting anything publicly viewable that isn't as innocuous as a weather report.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I would be very careful, especially if you don't have merit protection, posting anything publicly viewable that isn't as innocuous as a weather report.
    Clearly you haven't lived in Chicago. I'd rather argue over who has better deep dish, Pequod's or Lou Malnotti's (Pequod's), than try to forecast the weather here. I've seen weather reports like this morning, "Zero precipitation today." I looked outside, it was snowing.

Site Supporter
    I remember sitting in my car stuck in traffic for hours trying to get home many years ago. Mayor Michael Bilandic came on the radio and assured the good citizens that while the snow was on the way, Streets and Sanitation were ready and willing to deal with it. The reason I was stuck in traffic was because there was already about 4 inches of snow on the ground. He lost re-election the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I don't think anyone is being sensored. Unless they're inside a machine at a hospital somewhere.
    That is an excellent and embarrassing point. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    That is an excellent and embarrassing point. wow.
    We sensed that.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    It is the only accurate and honest source for news in Chicago. That and CWB. It is the first thing I read every morning. The City has been trying to get rid of it for years. It will be back in one form or another.
    CWB?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    CWB?
    https://cwbchicago.com/
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    Wolf & Richard Levine taking care of the Commonwealth's residents
    Is it wrong to hope Biden or Harris appoints them to some/any federal position just to get them out of PA? I'm thinking ambassadors to the Democratic Republic of the Congo would be about right.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List