Thread: Langdon LTT slide on a beretta 92G-sd?

Langdon LTT slide on a beretta 92G-sd?

Name:  C4DFA71D-24A2-43EF-8E30-912D9E496B63.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  61.3 KBJust curious. I was playing with all my berettas and I noticed my LTT RDO slide seems to fit my 92g-SS without issue. Any reason not to shoot it?

Why wouldn't it? The 92G-SD frame is the M9A1 frame (essentially same as the LTT, though the Elite frame is further refined than the original M9A1 with the added relief around the trigger guard). Enjoy!
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

That’s what I figured. But as soon as I assume that it will explode and shoot the mag into my groin. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    That’s what I figured. But as soon as I assume that it will explode and shoot the mag into my groin. LOL
    It’s a Beretta, not a Glock...

The only real differences are in the slides, but the frames shouldn't really matter.

Site Supporter
    It's been awhile since I've owned a Brigadier-slide Beretta (like the G-SD, original Elite, Elite 1A, and Elite II among others), but I'm pretty sure I correctly remember that the Brig guns use a different slide release than the non-Brig guns. I'm not sure if the Brig release works on both slides and the standard one works on only standard slides, or if they're incompatible with each other, or what. Berettaforum should have the answer to this question buried in their FAQs.

I know you know, but in case others don't, the LTT Elite uses a standard-width slide, not a Brigadier slide. It's the only Elite besides the unicorn Elite III (of which only prototypes exist) that doesn't use a Brig slide. The Brigadier slide is heavily reinforced (unnecessarily so for 9mm) over the locking lug area and is wider than the standard slide, necessitating a wider slide release lever. Assuming I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    It's been awhile since I've owned a Brigadier-slide Beretta (like the G-SD, original Elite, Elite 1A, and Elite II among others), but I'm pretty sure I correctly remember that the Brig guns use a different slide release than the non-Brig guns. I'm not sure if the Brig release works on both slides and the standard one works on only standard slides, or if they're incompatible with each other, or what. Berettaforum should have the answer to this question buried in their FAQs.

I know you know, but in case others don't, the LTT Elite uses a standard-width slide, not a Brigadier slide. It's the only Elite besides the unicorn Elite III (of which only prototypes exist) that doesn't use a Brig slide. The Brigadier slide is heavily reinforced (unnecessarily so for 9mm) over the locking lug area and is wider than the standard slide, necessitating a wider slide release lever. Assuming I remember correctly.
    I *think* that's an older issue from when the Brig was first introduced. I seem to recall that everything now uses the wider Brig compatible slide release. Should only be an issue with older production guns. Admittedly I am unsure when the production switched over.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Welp, I will test it out and report back.

They switched to the Brig slide release over a decade ago.

User Tag List