Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Training Journals Exposed or not Exposed?

Are Training Journals Exposed or not Exposed?

Sorry if the title is unclear.

I seem to recall at some point that certain parts of the site were "exposed" or visible to search engines and so forth, but there were parts (site supporter only?) that were visible only to paid members, or otherwise not "searchable" as it were. (I am probably explaining this badly.)

So my question is, are Training Journals generally exposed, or are they somehow only "seen" by the members (paid or otherwise)?

The reason for my question is in this day and age, I'm wondering about the wisdom of publishing so much about my hobby activities online, if it is in fact exposed to general web searches or bots or what not. If TJs "are not", that would be cool.

Depending on the answer to the above, I may or may not put in a request to move my TJ out of sight, or delete it altogether.

Thanks!

They’re exposed, but I’d happy to work with you on yours.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Thanks LL, I'll send you a PM shortly.

Much obliged.

Hammertime
    So they can be seen by non site supporters? That was not my understanding at all. I thought @Tom_Jones put them behind the paywall.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    So they can be seen by non site supporters? That was not my understanding at all. I thought @Tom_Jones put them behind the paywall.
    I remembered it otherwise; but I’d be happy to see them go coterie.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I was wrong, they’re private, but not Site Supporter only. Let me know if I can help.
    #RESIST

I question what it would accomplish. Folks are not as anonymous as they believe. A long held concearn of mine is how my online presence and postings could be used against me. Certainly I'm not alone in this thinking. Because of this, I am very watchful of what I post and how it could be perceived or twisted.
    Taking a break from social media.

I was wrong, they’re private, but not Site Supporter only. Let me know if I can help.
    What does private mean?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    What does private mean?
    Not viewable by the public nor search engines. However, non Site Supporters/successfully registered users can see and post in or create their own training journals.
    #RESIST

Not viewable by the public nor search engines. However, non Site Supporters/successfully registered users can see and post in or create their own training journals.
    LL, thanks for the clarification. You can disregard my PM now, I’m good with the status quo.

User Tag List