Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Karl Sokol 3" M10

so.. I am going down this rabbit hole. Glock are my social guns and I appreciate them but my soon to be wife wants a wheel gun. She isn't a gun person but understands that it is important she has something she can shoot in case they get past me and she has all the little ones in the bathroom with her. Currently been watching a few model 10s on gunbroker.. exciting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tex41mag View Post
    I just found this forum by accident and really like what I am reading. This is my first post and I really like the 3" revolvers as well. I know you all love the S&W's and I have had a few over the years, and liked them as well, but I am a dyed in the wool Ruger revolver guy. I have 4 of them. Two 38sp/.357mag's and two .41mag's. The one that fits in here and is one of my favorite carry weapons is my stainless DAO 3" GP-100. Ive dons some work to it like bead blasting the shiny finish, dehorned the frame and trigger job. Here is that one:

The other is my 4" stainless Ruger Redhawk in .41mag. I cut the 5.5" barrel to 4" and recrowned it. I machined a slot into the top strap for the new front sight. I dehorned the gun, bead blasted the stainless surface and did a trigger job. On this gun I also rounded the grip corners an worked the grips to match. This is my usual field carry gun when I am hunting.
    That's one hell of a first post. I love that GP100 Welcome to the show.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    so.. I am going down this rabbit hole. Glock are my social guns and I appreciate them but my soon to be wife wants a wheel gun. She isn't a gun person but understands that it is important she has something she can shoot in case they get past me and she has all the little ones in the bathroom with her. Currently been watching a few model 10s on gunbroker.. exciting stuff
    My son and daughter both have 4" m64s stashed away for when they're older. Even if they don't become shooters, although my son probably will as he helps me load my speedloaders at shooting comps and he's 3, I figure they have a solid gun that will last forever in the case they need one.

You can still find pretty good deals on k frames. I picked up a 2" M10 for $400 shipped a few months ago. Shoots good but has some finish wear.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I went through this prior to getting married. We did not have two nickles to rub together as I was working for a PD that the pay was horrendously bad. Ended up getting her an Official Police .38 Special 6" that she kept in the bedroom. The thing was built in the late 1930s. Paid $140 if I recall right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I went through this prior to getting married. We did not have two nickles to rub together as I was working for a PD that the pay was horrendously bad. Ended up getting her an Official Police .38 Special 6" that she kept in the bedroom. The thing was built in the late 1930s. Paid $140 if I recall right.

sounds about like our situation but I get paid ok. Just with the wedding, house, and providing for four kids many of my guns have been sold and focusing on the essentials. Glocks, ARs, and now a decent model 10 for the lady.

Site Supporter
    Ok first off I have to say that you're all a bunch of enablers, however I'm just as guilty as anyone else here...

I gave up on finding a 3 inch K frame on Gun Broker etc. After reading this thread for the 10th time, I checked with my local LGS. He had this Model 10-8 for what I felt was a fair price and much better than what I was seeing on line. I haven't been able to find a 3 inch barrel, so if anyone has a line on one let me know please. Otherwise I'm going to chop the barrel and round butt the grip frame. I have a Novak Brass Bead to install, just need to order some grips. By the way my LGS has a Model 64 NY-1 for under 700.00 if anyone is interested. Definitely was carried on duty by NYPD by the wear. I didn't have the heart to buy it and possibly chop the barrel.

Name:  Model 10 Before.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  86.4 KB
    The blue is in better shape than it appears in the photo, crappy cell phone pic.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Ok first off I have to say that you're all a bunch of enablers, however I'm just as guilty as anyone else here...

I gave up on finding a 3 inch K frame on Gun Broker etc. After reading this thread for the 10th time, I checked with my local LGS. He had this Model 10-8 for what I felt was a fair price and much better than what I was seeing on line. I haven't been able to find a 3 inch barrel, so if anyone has a line on one let me know please. Otherwise I'm going to chop the barrel and round butt the grip frame. I have a Novak Brass Bead to install, just need to order some grips. By the way my LGS has a Model 64 NY-1 for under 700.00 if anyone is interested. Definitely was carried on duty by NYPD by the wear. I didn't have the heart to buy it and possibly chop the barrel.

Name:  Model 10 Before.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  86.4 KB
    The blue is in better shape than it appears in the photo, crappy cell phone pic.
    Good solid M10 there. I am assuming the NY-1 is a four incher.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Good solid M10 there. I am assuming the NY-1 is a four incher.
    Yes it's a 4 inch. If it had been a 3 inch my credit card would have melted coming out of my wallet.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Yes it's a 4 inch. If it had been a 3 inch my credit card would have melted coming out of my wallet.
    Name:  74402313-3696-4E1D-82A9-AE167E5AD273.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  61.3 KB
    I understand completely.
    Stumbled upon this at the gun show here in Richmond a few years ago.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Looks like a completely different gun with square butt ahrends
    Name:  IMG_20211003_144524.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  53.9 KB

User Tag List