Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Karl Sokol 3" M10

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The 4" tapered barrel and cylinder with long ejector rod I won off eBay have arrived.

There is some light surface rust in spots but nothing alarms me. I think it'll clean up and refinish just fine.

It looks like taking an inch off with leave SMITH & WESSON wholly intact on the left but will cut off the G in CTG. Hopefully the CT part will be easily polished out.

Regarding the front sight; I would like to see if Karl can't make a base that has a dovetail cut into it that he can silver solder on. To this I'd like him to fit a front sight. It will be extra work but will allow me to change front sight blades if POA/POI is way off. It will also allow for windage adjustment.

Once my Badger grips arrive I'll toss everything in a box and drop it off with UPS.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I have mixed emotions about my barrel. On the one hand it balances great. On the other hand it forces a smaller front sight which im not crazy about. My draws from concealment average around 0.8 seconds and when they are misses or slower its because the front sight was missing. It normally points so well that at 12 yards and in its not a huge issue.

I think with the standard barrel you're using the front sight will be easier to work with at speed. I know Im faster with my m64 vs m64-5.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I have mixed emotions about my barrel. On the one hand it balances great. On the other hand it forces a smaller front sight which im not crazy about.

I think with the standard barrel you're using the front sight will be easier to work with at speed. I know Im faster with my m64 vs m64-5.
    Maybe.

I'll ask Karl about opening up the rear sight notch although there probably isn't much he can do. But I guess every little bit helps.

Ideally we'd have a Novak rear fitted as Ruger so nicely does on the WC revolvers. But I'm certain there isn't enough material in the top strap for something like that.

On the other hand it forces a smaller front sight which im not crazy about.
    I assume this rear could be fit to an older K frame:

https://dlsports.com/dl_jframe_sw_sights.html

I assume this rear could be fit to an older K frame:

https://dlsports.com/dl_jframe_sw_sights.html
    I think that would be sweet. Weakening the frame would probably be moot even with +p ammo.

The sight picture with my m66 and the c&s u notch is awesome.

I think that would be sweet.
    Remember what I said earlier about a rabbit hole?

If I'm not careful my $179 frame will end up being more than a 2.5" M66...

Remember what I said earlier about a rabbit hole?

If I'm not careful my $179 frame will end up being more than a 2.5" M66...

Lol, I know.

Snow White said the same thing. I reminded him it will last forever.

Lol, I know.

Snow White said the same thing. I reminded him it will last forever.
    I can confirm that the exponential growth for the budget on my example is impressive. The $170 frame is essentially the equivalent of the heroine dealer giving you the first hit for free...You'll pay plenty on the back end lol
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

@03RN, @snow white, @Tokarev, and anyone else who is building one of these:

Would you be will to post to this thread or PM me your work list with prices? I’m increasingly interested in sending one of these frames with parts to Mr. Sokol to build one for me but I’m having some trouble figuring out what the end price will be and what is worth spending money on. I’d like to end of with and nice custom revolver for a practical price.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I’d like to end of with and nice custom revolver for a practical price.
    One of these is not like the other.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    One of these is not like the other.

Okie John
    True statement sir! Perhaps “reasonable price” would have been a better way to word it.

User Tag List