Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Karl Sokol 3" M10

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A pic for inspiration. Wrong frame and caliber but the look should be similar.

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2005...-walt.html?m=1

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Name:  jackie_gleason_kramden.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  80.0 KB

Humina³
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Name:  jackie_gleason_kramden.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  80.0 KB

Humina³
    Humina³

That's hilarious!

I installed a tritium front sight. Unfortunately the rear sight is so shallow I cant see the bottom third of the front sight with proper sight alignment.

Kind of annoying

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I installed a tritium front sight. Unfortunately the rear sight is so shallow I cant see the bottom third of the front sight with proper sight alignment.

Kind of annoying
    If your sample is anything like mine it looks like it would be plenty easy to have the notch widened but probably not deepened.

@03RN

Good morning.

Is there anything with your revolver that you would have done differently? Anything you wish you'd added or deleted from Karl's work?

Hoping to have my barrel this coming week. Then I'll toss everything in a box and send it off.

Oops. Forgot to mention that I still need grips. I could sand and oil the factory grips that came on the gun but that's probably not worth the effort. I may get a pair of Secret Service grips from Eagle. Those should look fairly "period correct."

Im not sure. So far im pretty happy with it.

I haven't really put it through its paces yet. I plan to next time I shoot it. Ive got a tritium front sight installed that should bring the poi up just a tad.

I had Karl set up a model 10 and a model 12 for me around twenty years ago. Trigger and action job, smoothed and polished trigger, chamfered cylinder, orange insert on the front sight blade, and on the model 12 a shaved hammer spur. I left the hammer spur on the model 10 so I could still use a retention holster. He also did a similar package on a model 581 that I really wish I still had.

Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    I had Karl set up a model 10 and a model 12 for me around twenty years ago. Trigger and action job, smoothed and polished trigger, chamfered cylinder, orange insert on the front sight blade, and on the model 12 a shaved hammer spur. I left the hammer spur on the model 10 so I could still use a retention holster. He also did a similar package on a model 581 that I really wish I still had.
    Still got the 10 and 12?

Yes, the 10 is a SB 4 inch taper barrel, the 12 is a SB 2 in barrel.

The 4" tapered barrel and cylinder with long ejector rod I won off eBay have arrived.

There is some light surface rust in spots but nothing alarms me. I think it'll clean up and refinish just fine.

It looks like taking an inch off with leave SMITH & WESSON wholly intact on the left but will cut off the G in CTG. Hopefully the CT part will be easily polished out.

Regarding the front sight; I would like to see if Karl can't make a base that has a dovetail cut into it that he can silver solder on. To this I'd like him to fit a front sight. It will be extra work but will allow me to change front sight blades if POA/POI is way off. It will also allow for windage adjustment.

Once my Badger grips arrive I'll toss everything in a box and drop it off with UPS.

User Tag List