Thread: New Holster for My Mamba

New Holster for My Mamba

Well, it took me a few tries but I finally completed a new holster for my Black Mamba 22.

The holster has two tension screws so I can adjust how fast the gun will come out and there is no way it is going to fall out unexpectedly.

I like wearing my gun instead of using a bag for Steel Challenge Matches.

Very nice! I have a Scorpion and it is the same deal finding a holster.

Very well done AZS & in TOTAL agreement on not using bags for pistols in matches as I'd hate to DQ someone if/when they fail to zip it up & drop their blaster.

My solution was to have a bud make me a kydex rig for my Buckmark & 4 spare mags that I use in SC.

Site Supporter
    I saw some of your other work over on leatherworkers.net recently while I was researching holster making. You’ve got some sow-skin skills my friend.

ETA: would you mind posting up a photo of the back with the belt loop if you get the time?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Here's the back. The belt loop is a separate piece made out of 2 layers of 7-8 ounce leather and a stiffener. It's held in place with 3 screws on the bottom and the screw on top holds the fold in place.

The T-Nuts for the three screws are mounted inside the two layers of the holster so that they do not scratch the gun. The T-Nut on the bottom is for tension adjustment.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I saw some of your other work over on leatherworkers.net recently while I was researching holster making. You’ve got some sow-skin skills my friend.

ETA: would you mind posting up a photo of the back with the belt loop if you get the time?
    Here are the pictures of the reverse side for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    Here are the pictures of the reverse side for you.
    Thanks for posting those, that’s prettt slick. I think I might put a similar style piece on my to do list.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List