Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmade Fanboy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Adding some fixed blades - old school Nimvarus and Cub

Attachment 66189
    big fan of the Nimravus! I remember when they came out. You had the choice of a kydex sheath or the nylon, IIRC. I have one with the nylon sheath in my truck!

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    A mini Stryker was the first high quality folder I bought for myself in the late 90’s with $60 worth of birthday money.
    The ats34 steel was pretty fancy for that time and I used the hell out of that knife for a decade before I put it into retirement. I later boucght and subsequently lost a full sized Stryker when the pocket clip snagged on something at work. That was the same fate of a iirc a model 710 with the axis lock. I stopped carrying clipped on folders after that and went to small fixed blades iwb.

Attachment 66190
    I'm pretty sure the Stryker (fullsize though) was my first too. Might have even been a "first production run" version as we used to get a lot of those in (and people thought "1 of 250" meant they had #1 haha). I'll have to dig mine up. Pretty sure mine was a "teflon" blade and that most of that finish is now gone.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I have quite a few.

My EDC is an original Bugout with the blue handle. I love it for a small light folder. The Bugout replaced a 530 as my EDC, I felt that the Bugout was a little more friendly for an office

My wife bought me a custom mini grip a couple years ago for our Steel anniversary. She has her own mini grip in her purse. I have a couple other folders in the safe.

I have a Steep Country and Hidden Canyon fixed blade but haven’t gotten to use them. The 2021 Meatcrafter has caught my attention

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    I'm not a connoisseur, but have added knives from several manufacturers to the "knife drawer" (which rivals the "holster box") in search of the Goldilocks blade over the years. I've got a few from Benchmade, including this Mini Grip from Benchmade's custom shop, with S30V blade, G10 grips, and mini deep carry clip.

Attachment 66166
    That one, right there, I could see me getting a copy of that one and using the hell out of it.

I handled a Bushcrafter and a North Fork folder yesterday. I’ve not owned a Benchmade but I’m seriously thinking about getting the Bushcrafter.

Dug up two of my originals just now. Neither “first production run” as I thought they might be.

If I could get that McHenry & Williams one with a spyderco hole that’d be about perfect IMO. IIRC this was the first Axis Lock model and was designed by M&W and the design sold to Benchmade.

My recollection of the “signature series”, or whatever they called it, was that they started with Emerson, and were using the same “Black T” finish that he was. At some point IIRC that partnership went south, but they had already started doing other collars with other known knifemakers and I’m pretty sure the Elishawitz Stryker was one of the first, and they continue Jed using Black T for some time. At some point they switched to a different coating, I think.

Name:  5416FA7E-ACAD-4DC1-8E73-393DCE26F788.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  20506E70-33B8-4BE2-B0A6-B6FC3DE5E40E.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  35.1 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Benchmade HK Snody 14210

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Oh, I have a few Benchmades. Here at home, I typically have this thing in my pocket:

Name:  IMG_20210116_142321~2.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  68.5 KB

The clip is not reversible for left hand carry but other than that, no complaints from me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Oh, I have a few Benchmades. Here at home, I typically have this thing in my pocket:

Name:  IMG_20210116_142321~2.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  68.5 KB

The clip is not reversible for left hand carry but other than that, no complaints from me.
    Nice knife

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Nice knife
    Indeed.
    #RESIST

Never owned a Benchmade myself but I have always wanted a Griptillian. Just seems like a staple of any real knife enthusiast's collection. Most of my folders were in the $30-50 range and they always served me very well so spending $100 on a folder was a bit much for me. Then my interest in knives faded quite a bit and I sold off most of my collection, mostly unused. Only in the last few weeks have I gotten back into folders and EDC blades and I've warmed up to the idea of getting the more expensive knives I've always wanted.

I was also looking at their OTFs earlier today and I can see myself possibly getting one in the very near future. And a blue Bugout. I love blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List