Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Benchmade Fanboy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    God, I feel old. I remember when the Axis Lock was a huge, proprietary secret on BladeForums.

Just sayin'. Back to your regular programming.

pat
    I hung out with McHenry and Williams at the Blade Show with Les de Asis when they announced the lock and demonstrated it for the first time.

Yeah, it was a little while ago.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    God, I feel old. I remember when the Axis Lock was a huge, proprietary secret on BladeForums.

Just sayin'. Back to your regular programming.

pat
    I was just out of high school and had a Buck 110. When I read about the Axis lock in a gun magazine, i thought it was a gimmick. It wasn't until I actually got to play with one that I realized how neat a design that it was.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I love my benchmades

I've been carrying a basic Benchmade Griptilian for about 8 years now; it has a yellow handle so I can find it if I drop it. The blade stays sharp and it stays locked open; it's easy to get into use and doesn't weigh much. It does what a knife needs to do (mostly opening mail and recalcitrant snack packages) and was not a financial investment. If it ever breaks I'll buy another one.

Only a matter of time before I cave and order one of these...

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My well used and abused griptillian.
    Name:  F59816E6-0BA3-436B-BB68-909A6976D973.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  101.3 KB

What model next? I was thinking of another just so I can have one sent for the lifesharp service while I carry the other.
    I’m thinking a tanto with no serrations.

Adamas Gen 2

I bought the Grizzly Ridge a couple years ago when they first came out. It was my first ‘expensive’ folder and has held up well. It made the trip to Africa with us and has seen a fair bit of use with minor camp and kitchen chores. I’ve yet to use it to field dress a bear but hope remains constant...

I bought the Osborne a few weeks ago during a trip to Pigeon Forge. One simply cannot go to that area without an obligatory trip to Smokey Mountain Knife Works and Bud’s Gun. Ironically SMKW only had the auto versions of the Osborne and not the manual, which is what I was looking for. I ended up buying mine at Bud’s. It’s lighter and thinner than the Grizzly Ridge and is rapidly becoming a favorite to carry and use as a knife was intended.

Name:  BAF1C42C-84DC-4A27-8698-52FD859D1E0E.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  2B4D05B6-4270-41C0-8FE5-4AEDF4EA3125.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  41.4 KB
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

To the bugout owners,

Are there any daily scenarios where you wished you had a bigger or thicker knife to use? I’m considering a “slicier” knife as a companion to my griptilian. Among the options from other brands I’m thinking of the bugout with carbon scales or maybe the newest one with the s90v blade.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I only have one Benchmade, a full-size griptillian. It’s been a great knife - I bought it at a huge discount from SKD when they had their big “we got him” sale when Bin Laden finally got popped. So it’s sort of...commemorative.

I’ve been eyeballing something a little smaller for office carry - maybe a mini-bugout.

LOK....I too, have just one Benchmade, also a full size Griptilian. I bought mine (instead of a Sypderco) at the insistence of a good friend at my local FFL, (a retired LEO). It has been in my front pocket every day for over 10 years. I sent it back only once, mainly out of curiosity, for the free sharpening/service. After acquiring a Spyderco Sharpmaker and becoming reasonably adept at it's use, there has been no need for a much loved and reliable knife. Yep, I drink the Kool Aid every time I just look at it.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

User Tag List