Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmade Fanboy Thread

It seems to me that the Bugout is kind of supplanting the Griptillian, perhaps even becoming kind of like a Gen II Griptillian. It’s lighter, but also thinner and shorter. The Bugout has a 3.24” blade that is 0.09” thick while the Griptillian has a 3.45” blade that’s 0.12” thick. The Bugout has a flatter, thinner handle at 0.42” Compared to the Griptillian’s more rounded 0.64” handle. The handle material, while seeming similar, is somewhat different between the two. And of course both now have “mini”versions.

They are also now doing “fancy” versions of the Bugout and you can build your own on the Benchmade Custom page.

I only wish they’d make a spyderhole version of the Bugout and then it would be almost perfect IMO.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Never owned a Benchmade myself but I have always wanted a Griptillian.
    In the less hysterical days of yore, I used to EDC one of those. I quite liked the knife otherwise, but I found the plastic handles to be quite slick.

I have been meaning to get some custom handles for mine, but these days I would rather not carry a pocket knife with an exposed pocket clip in The Big City and if I'm doing something like hiking, I might as well carry a fixed blade. So it hasn't been a priority for me. Still though, that knife deserves something better than the factory plastic, if for nothing else for old times sake. I do quite like that knife!

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    In the less hysterical days of yore, I used to EDC one of those. I quite liked the knife otherwise, but I found the plastic handles to be quite slick.

I have been meaning to get some custom handles for mine, but these days I would rather not carry a pocket knife with an exposed pocket clip in The Big City and if I'm doing something like hiking, I might as well carry a fixed blade. So it hasn't been a priority for me. Still though, that knife deserves something better than the factory plastic, if for nothing else for old times sake. I do quite like that knife!
    Being that the Griptilian is a popular knife, there are several scale options available from the aftermarket. The model 556-1 that I posted a picture of earlier in this thread came from the factory with G10 scales.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I only wish they’d make a spyderhole version of the Bugout and then it would be almost perfect IMO.
    That would be cool. I'm a big fan of the BM axis lock/spydie hole combo.

Dug up my old Griptillian. Was in a box of gun junk out in the workshop (junk that includes what looked like half a dozen old x200s lol)

Name:  A40B8037-6F1E-4950-BFDB-A94313615925.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  42.5 KB

Name:  60B03569-7DA1-4C11-9A99-935A3D101CB4.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  30.6 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Oh, I have a few Benchmades. Here at home, I typically have this thing in my pocket:

Attachment 66663

The clip is not reversible for left hand carry but other than that, no complaints from me.
    I carried this for a while. Great knife, excellent slicer.

Score another for the Enablers of P-F:

Name:  Benchmade Minis - Copy.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  100.4 KB

The Mini Bugout is exactly half the weight of the Mini Grip; I can (just barely) get a four finger grip with my S/Medium paws.
    Last edited by Gater; 02-11-2021 at 07:07 PM.

I love my full size Bugout.

My current favorite and edc is the rift, I love the way the it feels in the hand. I just got the custom bugout for my son as a 10 year post bone marrow transplantiversary gift. I think I might have to get one for myself soon, it is stupidity light but still feels strong enough for daily tasks. It feels a lot like my old 530 that "disappeared" from my travel bag one trip 🤬
    Name:  IMG_20210304_204512030~2.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  47.9 KB

Site Supporter
    God, I feel old. I remember when the Axis Lock was a huge, proprietary secret on BladeForums.

Just sayin'. Back to your regular programming.

pat

User Tag List