Thread: S&W coil spring action conversion

S&W coil spring action conversion

https://tkcustom.com/products/s-w-re...or-s-w-n-frame

Looks like someone was tired of the S&W mainspring market being 20 years behind the whole "frame mounted firing pin needs a harder whack than a hammer nose" concept.

$300? Ouch.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Wish they'd have had that when I had my last 325 NG. That thing would not reliably light off primers unless the trigger pull was heavy enough to make your finger hurt. TK Custom did excellent work on the 386 NG I now carry. I would trust them to do an installation like this.

As to the price...how important is reliable ignition? I wouldn't spend it for a competition gun but I might for a carry gun. Suspect I have that backwards compared to most.

Dave

I've got to admit this looked very interesting when I stumbled across it yesterday. How long has this been out?

Anyway, looking around the website, I recall a caution that this was not recommended for a duty weapon. I saw no explanation of that, either from a reliability or liability set of reasons.
    My apologies to weasels.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    ...I recall a caution that this was not recommended for a duty weapon. I saw no explanation of that, either from a reliability or liability set of reasons.
    LOL - Given how reluctant most of the cops I knew were to spend money on guns or related equipment (majority wanted it issued by the department), and how much this costs, I don't see it being used on duty weapons as much of a problem.

As stated above, I don't understand why it wouldn't be recommended for a self defense revolver. Curious!

Dave

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I've got to admit this looked very interesting when I stumbled across it yesterday. How long has this been out?

Anyway, looking around the website, I recall a caution that this was not recommended for a duty weapon. I saw no explanation of that, either from a reliability or liability set of reasons.
    It's meant for competition where you would use primers that light up easy so that you can get away with a lower spring tension. A duty weapon needs enough tension to light even the most stubborn primers. Some of TK's trigger jobs are also for competition only, not for duty guns.

User Tag List