Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Karl Sokol Browning Hi-Power. A silk purse from a sow's ear

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The Hi-Power is a nice gun but probably not worth the effort in the current market. Clean guns are getting fairly hard to find and they are expensive when they do turn up. Plus there are any number of 9mm 1911s at various price points that arguably are a better pistol. Or at least a pistol with more support.

I guess the ideal "Hi Power replacement" is probably an STI/Staccato or maybe the Wilson Combat EDC X9L. Too bad both of these are so expensive.
    I'm hopeful that the DWX Compact will be a worthy successor, at about 1/2 the price of the EDC X9.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx-compact/
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The Hi-Power is a nice gun but probably not worth the effort in the current market. Clean guns are getting fairly hard to find and they are expensive when they do turn up. Plus there are any number of 9mm 1911s at various price points that arguably are a better pistol. Or at least a pistol with more support.

I guess the ideal "Hi Power replacement" is probably an STI/Staccato or maybe the Wilson Combat EDC X9L. Too bad both of these are so expensive.
    I really do appreciate your imput and have studied your various posts regarding the Hi Power. But I'm in the process of trying to get a MK III. I'm a 1911 guy so this is the next logical or illogical step in the journey. I hope you don't mind me picking your brain from time to time on the subject.
    Thanks
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I hope you don't mind me picking your brain from time to time on the subject.
    Thanks
    Nope. I don't mind at all.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List