Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jack Reacher series on Amazon Prime

Site Supporter
    The interaction at the jail was part of Reacher's persona and from the books. Of course, it is not realistic. One thing that turned me off the books was exactly that, as mention - MPs are the great martial artists of the military, blah, blah. The show isn't as obnoxious as the books. I've already said this, Reacher's life style is presented as a warrior wandering the land, etc. From my lane, it is extremely pathological.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I've already said this, Reacher's life style is presented as a warrior wandering the land, etc. From my lane, it is extremely pathological.
    The 21st Century equivalent of a wandering white-hat gunfighter, a knight-errant or a ronin?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    One thing, when Reacher was shown the Desert Eagle, it had two mags. He took it only with one mag inserted and then ran out of rounds. Now would any of us superheroes do that?
    Where does he conceal that Deagle? He's wearing a fairly tight t-shirt; it'd be hard to conceal an LCP under it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Where does he conceal that Deagle? He's wearing a fairly tight t-shirt; it'd be hard to conceal an LCP under it.
    Prison wallet?
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Prison wallet?
    Too small, already covered in episode 1…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I saw the first episode this morning. I liked it. As some already mentioned, some of the gun stuff... Still, I'm in for more.

The 21st Century equivalent of a wandering white-hat gunfighter, a knight-errant or a ronin?
    My work tells me monthly I am no longer allowed to use the term "white hat". I wish this was a joke.

I think I may have already mentioned this...

I used to watch Fox News. Had the TV tuned in while cooking supper, etc. But I got tired of the news about a year ago and started tuning in to INSP for old TV Westerns. Mindless background noise.

Anyway, a show called Cheyenne can be pretty decent. Black and White and the usual late 50s early 60s TV stuff. Anyway, I am surprised at some of the similarities between Cheyenne Bodie and Jack Reacher. A lone wanderer who metes out justice and helps the weak whenever possible. Physical size, strength and fighting prowess of the two characters is similar. Both kill when necessary and do so without second thought or remorse. Makes me wonder if Child/Grant wasn't exposed to Cheyenne as a young man and/or via some kind of syndicated rerun in England.

Then again there was also Renegade starring Lorenzo Llamas.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    My work tells me monthly I am no longer allowed to use the term "white hat". I wish this was a joke.
    So… “good-guy hackers?” “Bleached hats?”

So… “good-guy hackers?” “Bleached hats?”
    “Ethical Hacker”

Site Supporter
    Overall I enjoyed the series but the final episode can only be described as cliche and cringeworthy.

Read comments from Lee Childs about his strong disappointment that Roscoe won't be back for season 2 (not saying why, so, not a spoiler) .. He said Rocsco was better than he could have written her.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List