Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jack Reacher series on Amazon Prime

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    One thing in the first episode that had me rolling my eyes was intake at the jail. They didn't bend over and spread where I worked. They had to squat and cough. They all did that whether or not there was a weapon involved. Even in for DUI, you squatted and coughed. You pull that you'll get hurt stuff and you'll get hurt, probed, and additional charges. We have to start out nice, but you go hands on with a CO, and even Jack Reacher will have up to 140 guys and gals with OC, taser, and baton if needed.
    And if he truly is that tough, the PD is one floor down.
    Yeah, threatening to severely harm a CO is not going to get you very far. Some technical advisors could really have cleaned up telling mistakes. From Episode 2: A detective at a Georgia police department would not call the Georgia State Patrol the "Georgia State Police". And who TF calls the US Secret Service "the secret services division of Homeland"? No one, that's who. But then they use the correct term, "Office of Investigations", to refer to the USSS' investigative arm.

Site Supporter
    Just finished season 1. It was decent, despite a few technical errors. I'm online to be a real fan of Alan Ritchson and miss dimples, Willa Fitzgerald. I'll watch a season two. I've read a couple of the Child books, but not the one the series was based on. I'd like to see this artists intrepurtion of the books I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Have you looked at Katie Sackhoff’s guns?
    She has arms?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    I noticed that I have a tendency to confuse Child's Jack Reacher with Clancy's John Kelly. I was explaining his back story to my wife when I realized of was confusing the two. If you haven't read "Without Remorse," you missed out on a great book. I haven't watched the Netflix version yet. I'm hoping they didn't take a great story and turned it into a woke version. I'll give it a shot eventually.

Just finished season 1. It was decent, despite a few technical errors. I'm online to be a real fan of Alan Ritchson and miss dimples, Willa Fitzgerald. I'll watch a season two. I've read a couple of the Child books, but not the one the series was based on. I'd like to see this artists intrepurtion of the books I have read.
    We just finished it as well. Silly, but entertaining.

I thought I'd hate it but I didn't.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We just finished it as well. Silly, but entertaining.

I thought I'd hate it but I didn't.
    I just took a break and re-watched some True Detective, Season 1. Now that's a cop show.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I just took a break and re-watched some True Detective, Season 1. Now that's a cop show.
    It lost me at the very end of the season...but yeah, that was a fun ride. I really wish they had continued with that dynamic.

…I haven't watched the Netflix version yet. I'm hoping they didn't take a great story and turned it into a woke version. I'll give it a shot eventually.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Reacher said nothing

That's my favorite reaction to any situation in the books.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    That's my favorite reaction to any situation in the books.
    "Does he talk?"

"When he wants to."

User Tag List