Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jack Reacher series on Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    now watching the latest Korean Zombie flic. They do zombies much better than American flics.
    I was not aware of that.

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    After 4 episodes I'm liking Reacher more than I thought I would after the first 10 minutes of episode 1.

Roscoe? Wow. Those dimples.
    Roscoe is hot!

(A sentence I never thought I would say.)

Yes those dimples are something. She reminds a little of Jennifer Garner.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    When I read books, especially series, I have a mental image of the main characters based on the author's description. I've said before that compared to the description in the books, Cruise would have been a member of the Lollipop Guild.
    This. Lee Childs is a big man and Reacher's world is related to us through a big man's eyes.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Finished it up. Solid, mindless entertainment; not legendary great, by any stretch. Better than no action series to watch at all, by a long shot, though. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I also finished it up yesterday. I stand by my initial assessment (stupid and not well-written, but always tolerable and often fun). I also found that it got better as it went on and the characters' relationships developed. Some of the exchanges between Reacher and Finley were really funny.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Reacher said nothing

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Roscoe is hot!

(A sentence I never thought I would say.)

Yes those dimples are something. She reminds a little of Jennifer Garner.
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought that! (Both the hot and Jennifer Garner's little sister)

Forgot about this thread.

Read most of the books. My grandfather loved the series as well (he first got me into shooting)

I’m a sucker for this genre and even enjoyed the Tom Cruise movies (as did my Grandfather) just getting to see Reacher on the big screen was cool.

But man I won’t lie I don’t think I stopped smiling at all last night. Watched the first two and was blown away. Alan is doing a great job.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Site Supporter
    I'm on episode 3. Pretty good so far and much more like the books than the Cruise movies. One thing in the first episode that had me rolling my eyes was intake at the jail. They didn't bend over and spread where I worked. They had to squat and cough. They all did that whether or not there was a weapon involved. Even in for DUI, you squatted and coughed. You pull that you'll get hurt stuff and you'll get hurt, probed, and additional charges. We have to start out nice, but you go hands on with a CO, and even Jack Reacher will have up to 140 guys and gals with OC, taser, and baton if needed.
    And if he truly is that tough, the PD is one floor down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    One thing in the first episode that had me rolling my eyes was intake at the jail. They didn't bend over and spread where I worked. They had to squat and cough.
    I worked in a county lock-up some years back. One of the old timers had worked at a state pen in California before retiring and coming to work in our quiet little place.

During intake he'd always ask, "Have you been here before? You look familiar and I never forget an asshole."

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List