Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: New Jack Reacher series on Amazon Prime

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The fight in Ep.7 was beyond all credibility.

And as for the grande finale, why do the bad guys always run their mouths while they are trying to kill the hero?
    They watched too many Bond movies?
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    They watched too many Bond movies?
    And not Die Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    And not Die Hard.
    Not a "yippie ki-yay" kinda guy, I guess.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Back in the Usenet days, somebody wrote a guide to being an evil mastermind. Things like setting the bomb to go off with time still showing and stuff like that.

One was “never throw the hero into a cell ir tell him your evil plan. Just shoot him.”
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Back in the Usenet days, somebody wrote a guide to being an evil mastermind. Things like setting the bomb to go off with time still showing and stuff like that.

One was “never throw the hero into a cell ir tell him your evil plan. Just shoot him.”
    Ah, the good old Evil Overlord list.

"I will keep on my staff a 5 year old child, so that any plan involving the hero will not have a flaw that a 5 year old could spot." --from memory, I probably botched it.

Still up, in all it's outdated glory.

I enjoyed episode 1 last night for the most part. And tried to watch episode 2 but stopped after ten minutes. I’m not sure I can enjoy this.

“the shooter is a professional, he was using a silencer and that means the rounds were very inaccurate and he made the shots anyway so he’s a pro”

“he killed him, that makes it personal. All murder is personal”

“the 9mm rounds were 95 grains, so they’d be subsonic and no one could hear them”

It’s like, the writers didn’t even bother to ask anyone who knew anything about guns or violent crime and were just a bunch of virgins writing a script about sex.

No, not all murder is personal. No, reducing the grain weight of a 9mm bullet doesn’t slow it down. No, silencers don’t make the gun less accurate.

Given the fight scenes are kind of doofy choreography, I don’t know if I can stick with this. What do the rest of you think? I’m trying to avoid reading too much in this thread to avoid spoilers in case I do watch it.

Also, can anyone comment on the idea that it’s unconstitutional to do an anal cavity search on all inmates? I assumed that was a given 100% of the time, mostly to fuck with them to gain dominance and secondarily to search for condoms full of drugs. I assume given how inaccurate all of the gun and police stuff is, that this too is incorrect.

Also how did the CO walk them to gen pop and they didn’t realize it until the next morning? I’ve always thought (possibly from tv) that when a new inmate arrives, the rest of the inmates cheer and taunt them through their cells. So they’d have immediately known that’s where they were. The whole prison thing seemed goofy.
    Last edited by Sanch; 02-20-2022 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    No, reducing the grain weight of a 9mm bullet doesn’t slow it down. No, silencers don’t make the gun less accurate.
    This is the stuff that drives me crazy, this one os probably coming offa the watchlist...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    This is the stuff that drives me crazy, this one os probably coming offa the watchlist...
    Should have hired an armorer during script development. Hope they had one on the set.

I watched episode 1, maybe 2. The ID of the first victim was revealed at the end, whatever episode that is.

I didn’t find the need to turn it off, so there’s that.

I also didn’t read the books, and LIKE the Tom Cruise movies. I don’t like the show as much as I did the movies mostly because I find “big guy does big guy shit” kinda boring.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Should have hired an armorer during script development. Hope they had one on the set.
    That is harsh!

Yep, there were many technical absurdities and reaches (haha) in the fights. But it was a show that was enjoyable. If you ever watched Titans with the Reacher guy wearing a bird suit - you had the most ridiculous fights ever.

I said before I couldn't read the books. Just couldn't.

User Tag List