Thread: Mossberg Maverick 88 trigger not working

Mossberg Maverick 88 trigger not working

Hi everyone,

I’m new to owning a shotgun and have recently purchased a Mossberg maverick 88. I bought it at a pawn shop and it looked very clean and functioned well. Except I didn’t check to see if the trigger worked.

When I pump the gun it doesn’t “click” when I pull the trigger. Yes it’s off of safety. The slide lock works and I didn’t short stroke it. I have another of the same model that works fine.

I took it apart and reassembled 4 or so times. The trigger works outside of the gun just fine. On one reassembly the trigger actually worked but only if you pulled back and left. Now it’s not doing anything at all. Any suggestions?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I've never had an 88 trigger plate apart, it differs from the 500/590, so not much help in that respect, but I found this video for you to watch about complete assemble/disassembly:

https://thegunpsy.com/mossberg-maver...er-reassembly/

Note: It starts at about 5:00 on the video, I didn't watch all, just enough to see he was a little better than the average you-tube video.

User Tag List