Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ attempting to buy Colt

Site Supporter
    Shockingly low price.

Yay!

First thing, put a pony on the side of the P-10, and go all XD with the marketing.

ETA: a Colt marked single action version of the P-07/ 09 would also probably sell pretty well.
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 02-11-2021 at 08:06 PM.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Shockingly low price.
    Mayby not, depending on the debts and other obligations that come with this deal

Interesting that Colt sold for $220 million and Ammo inc bought Gun Broker for $240 million or at least there is an agreement to.

Site Supporter
    At least Colt will be owned by a firearms company again.

I hope for the following:

1) CZ will invest in R&D for the Colt brand.
    2) While doing the above, CZ will be smart enough to keep Colt's traditional models in the lineup.
    3) QA will improve with Colt's production line guns.
    4) Colt customer service will improve. This one may be a long shot considering reports of Dan Wesson CS not being great in recent years.
    5) CZ will keep the Colt Custom Shop in operation and maybe even expand it. They've been building terrific guns.

I wonder if the DW line and Colt will be merged?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    At least Colt will be owned by a firearms company again.

I hope for the following:

1) CZ will invest in R&D for the Colt brand.
    2) While doing the above, CZ will be smart enough to keep Colt's traditional models in the lineup.
    3) QA will improve with Colt's production line guns.
    4) Colt customer service will improve. This one may be a long shot considering reports of Dan Wesson CS not being great in recent years.
    5) CZ will keep the Colt Custom Shop in operation and maybe even expand it. They've been building terrific guns.
    Doubtful for your #4, CZ Customer Service sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    I wonder if the DW line and Colt will be merged?
    Well, Sam Colt, and Dan Wesson, so, well Sam’s & Dan’s Pistol Place?
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    This would be great for me personally. Not because I have any remaining affinity for the pony, but rather, I have a couple of shelves in my safe that will be worth far more the day after. The are so many geezers and mouth breathers that would buy into, "They ain't real Colt's!". I've got several guns I could offload at a premium due to that. I've been waiting for Colt to finally go belly up, but this could be the next best thing.
    Waiting for returns on firearms is a losing proposition, IMO. You can still buy a Winchester rifle and you will still be able to buy a Colt pistol. I'm of the opinion that nobody really cares if Winchester rifles are made in Japan or Spain or if Colt pistols are made in CT or, where was it again they were moving to?

I just sold two Colt 1911's for what I paid for them. I'll always remember a guy behind the counter at the LGS telling me, we aren't in the business of storing guns.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-12-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

My experience is Colt's normal production can be hit or miss. I wouldn't buy one without having it in my hand. I've had 4 new ones but they were all inspected before I bought them. Never had a custom shop gun but I've read they're worth the bucks.

I wouldn't expect their custom builders to move if that's what they do.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List