Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: CZ attempting to buy Colt

TheFirearmBlog Interviews CZ Group Prez on Colt Acquisition: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/.../cz-buys-colt/

Long story short:

CZ bought Colt for .MIL contracts. Both US and abroad as predicted. In particular they see Colt ARs to their "AKs" as 'synergistic'.

CZ hopes to use excess manufacturing capacity at Colt factory to build CZ guns.

CZ will be using it's existing IP and R&D to develop new Colt lines, particularly handguns.

CZ is definitely keeping the Colt revolvers. Which have apparently sold 70,000 units since the reintro of the Cobra line.

CZ has no plans for changes to Colt management.

Bummer on that last point, but I hope if CZ doesn't like the way things are going in a couple of years they won't hesitate to clean house (I hope).

If you read between the lines it's clear CZ wants to get after LE and Mil contracts and Colt in the US and Canada are critical to expanding to those markets in other countries besides the Czech Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    CZ will be using it's existing IP and R&D to develop new Colt lines, particularly handguns. ....CZ is definitely keeping the Colt revolvers.
    At least retaining a commitment to continue building and developing handguns is good news about the Colt product lines.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    At least retaining a commitment to continue building and developing handguns is good news about the Colt product lines.
    Concur.

There was mention of the 'Buy American' act in there. I suspect Colt-branded/made CZ pistols will be pitched for LE sales across the nation starting 2022 or so. There was also mention of the acquisition of Colt Canada and a direct statement of seeking military contracts in the USA and 'other markets'. I am sure those contracts will be for both pistols and rifles.
    ___

Forgot one more important thing from the interview - not only is Colt management not changing - there are no plans at this time to shut down/move/reallocate any portion of the Hartford Plant. So Colts will still be made in Hartford, by Colt employees, just under CZ ownership. From a historical perspective, folks will appreciate that. I personally look forward to seeing what Colt's new Czech Overlords bring to the table.

Here's hoping for a Colt that is financially solvent and produces a diversified and high quality product line.

TheFirearmBlog Interviews CZ Group Prez on Colt Acquisition: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/.../cz-buys-colt/

Long story short:

CZ bought Colt for .MIL contracts. Both US and abroad as predicted. In particular they see Colt ARs to their "AKs" as 'synergistic'.

CZ will be using it's existing IP and R&D to develop new Colt lines, particularly handguns.

CZ is definitely keeping the Colt revolvers. Which have apparently sold 70,000 units since the reintro of the Cobra line.

Bummer on that last point, but I hope if CZ doesn't like the way things are going in a couple of years they won't hesitate to clean house (I hope).

If you read between the lines it's clear CZ wants to get after LE and Mil contracts and Colt in the US and Canada are critical to expanding to those markets in other countries besides the Czech Republic.
    CZ LE contracts? Interesting!

Long story short:

I found myself wondering what Jeff Cooper would say upon learning that Colt would be producing "crunchentickers". I bet it would be amusing.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I found myself wondering what Jeff Cooper would say upon learning that Colt would be producing "crunchentickers". I bet it would be amusing.
    Colt is far more likely to produce a P10 variant or a Colt version of the Scorpion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    The Col was a CZ-75 fan, so he'd probably wouldn't be too displeased.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The Col was a CZ-75 fan, so he'd probably wouldn't be too displeased.
    Wasn't the Bren Ten derived from the CZ-75?

Site Supporter
    CZ already has at least one U.S. LE contract.

Admittedly, it is not large being just one guy and a P-07. However, you have to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Wasn't the Bren Ten derived from the CZ-75?
    Yep.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List