Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: CZ attempting to buy Colt

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Colt is far more likely to produce a P10 variant or a Colt version of the Scorpion.
    It'd be great if the did a P10 with 1911'ish ergos (and a thumb safety).

Also, maybe Colt can show CZ how to make a positive actuating thumb safety that is fit for human hands. You know, something you can feel click on and off and doesn't feel like a mushy french fry.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It'd be great if the did a P10 with 1911'ish ergos (and a thumb safety).

Also, maybe Colt can show CZ how to make a positive actuating thumb safety that is fit for human hands. You know, something you can feel click on and off and doesn't feel like a mushy french fry.
    The last few new Colts I've handled have had mushy french fry safeties. Maybe Colt was planning ahead?

I think the acquisition of Colt by CZ is a very positive thing.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The last few new Colts I've handled have had mushy french fry safeties. Maybe Colt was planning ahead?

Well...maybe CZ can fire the guys who don't know how to fit a thumb safety and learn from the guys that do?

I am full on the CZolt bandwagon. Since Colt went through it's last bankruptcy, but the vulture capitalist group that had them managed to retain ownership, I honestly thought we'd see the end of them. Acquisition by CZ will hopefully lead to really good things.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post

With all the production line Colts I've bought over the years I've had about a 50/50 chance of having to clean up the thumb safety's action. Fortunately I learned just how to do it on a Colt and it became an easy job.

On the other hand, none of the Custom Shop guns I've owned ever had to have anything done to them -- they've all been terrific. As they should be, for the price.

Looking through Colt and CZ USA handguns they both offer plenty of metal frame and competition style models from CZ75 and 1911 designs. CZ has the P10 series and polymer mid to full size CZ 07/75 style guns and Colt has the 380 1911 design. What I don't see from either is smaller guns for concealed carry beyond the CZ p10s and metal framed Colt 380. I would hope for a polymer frame 380 and 9mm in a size close to the 365 or Glock 43. If it was modular and could also be had in Glock 43X/48 size with all these guns slimness even better. That is the only glaring area in the US market I see for handguns neither company has a good answer to right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Haven't fact checked Wikipedia, but if we can rely on this, it's a helluva lot more free than many of our states. Not to mention what I choose to believe is the mandatory hottie in every gun store.

Attachment 66064

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_...Czech_Republic
    Ideas on how to make the Czech Republic the 51st state?

“The right to defend oneself and others with weapons under legal conditions will be enshrined in the Czech Constitution. It will become part of the Charter of Fundamental Rights and Freedoms”

https://praguemorning.cz/czech-senat...-self-defense/

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Ideas on how to make the Czech Republic the 51st state?

“The right to defend oneself and others with weapons under legal conditions will be enshrined in the Czech Constitution. It will become part of the Charter of Fundamental Rights and Freedoms”

https://praguemorning.cz/czech-senat...-self-defense/
    Moments like this make me want to stand at attention and put my hand over my heart for the Czech flag, too 🇨🇿

I am hoping that Brexit along with a thousand tiny cuts like this will spell the fracture of the EU.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, I’d also like to see Colt midlength options come back, along with more CZ DA/SA guns with decockers vs. safeties. But I’ll certainly take a win for freedom and an FU to EU weapon regulations.

User Tag List