Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ attempting to buy Colt

Site Supporter
    Buying Colt would give CZ increased domestic production to hold their market share in the event of import bans and while the Colt brand is valuable, the real jewel from a GOV sales POV would be Colt Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The first new gun should be named the Colt Kolache. It could be a sweet gun. I do love them Kolaches.
    They should move HQ and manufacturing to West, Texas (that’s actually a town.). AKA “The Czech point of Texas”.

You can’t drive through without picking up kolaches.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Followed by the wholesale elimination of Colt production of 1911s and all new Dan Wessons will be 'Colts'. The Dan Wesson Line can be competition oriented double-stack 1911 guns. And Colt will 'make' all the 1911s.
    Bruh.

Bruh

No. Colts are nothing without history. That the history is moored in one of the original 13 colonies making the guns that shaped how Americans went from mostly agrarian farmers in the 1840s to a nuclear armed hegemonic superpower a hundred years later is significant.

Teddy Roosevelt didn't charge up San Juan hill with an 1892 made in Norwich. Alvin York didn't capture a hundred fuckin Germans with a Imbel 1911. Patton didn't roll into Bastogne with a Single Action Army made in Palmetto. You've been able to objectively buy a better everything for decades now. Buying a Single Action Army or a 1911 or an M4 from Colt isn't just about pragmatism. It's about the shared history between that commercial Model O or that 6920 and the ones that traveled halfway around the world because some assholes at Pearl Harbor or the Twin Towers fucked around and found out.

Moving production a couple hundred miles away and slapping the brand name on it means it isn't a Colt anymore. Might as well ship it to Japan and let Miroku build it. I hear their "Winchesters" are well executed. But they aren't Winchesters, no matter how deep the roll mark goes.

A significant bump it needs to elevate its status as a brand.
    Spoken like a MBA

Colt should either get a shot in the arm and keep living in the little geographic area it's been in (almost) forever or it should be given a viking funeral. We don't need another Springfield Armory.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Bruh.

Bruh

No. Colts are nothing without history. That the history is moored in one of the original 13 colonies making the guns that shaped how Americans went from mostly agrarian farmers in the 1840s to a nuclear armed hegemonic superpower a hundred years later is significant.

Teddy Roosevelt didn't charge up San Juan hill with an 1892 made in Norwich. Alvin York didn't capture a hundred fuckin Germans with a Imbel 1911. Patton didn't roll into Bastogne with a Single Action Army made in Palmetto. You've been able to objectively buy a better everything for decades now. Buying a Single Action Army or a 1911 or an M4 from Colt isn't just about pragmatism. It's about the shared history between that commercial Model O or that 6920 and the ones that traveled halfway around the world because some assholes at Pearl Harbor or the Twin Towers fucked around and found out.

Moving production a couple hundred miles away and slapping the brand name on it means it isn't a Colt anymore. Might as well ship it to Japan and let Miroku build it. I hear their "Winchesters" are well executed. But they aren't Winchesters, no matter how deep the roll mark goes.

Spoken like a MBA

Colt should either get a shot in the arm and keep living in the little geographic area it's been in (almost) forever or it should be given a viking funeral. We don't need another Springfield Armory.
    Bruh,

The first truly commercially successful "Colt's" delivered in any volume where branded, and actually made by Whitney. The Legendary Colt Walkers were not made in a Colt Factory in Hartford, Conn.

Captain Walker, with danglers bigger than TR could ever dream of having, carried two Colt-branded Whitney Walkers with him.

Bruh,

The first truly commercially successful "Colt's" delivered in any volume where branded, and actually made by Whitney. The Legendary Colt Walkers were not made in a Colt Factory in Hartford, Conn.

Captain Walker, with danglers bigger than TR could ever dream of having, carried two Colt-branded Whitney Walkers with him.
    You know Whitneyville is still in CT, right?

Nowhere in my post did I say Hartford. Hell, the first Pattersons were made in NJ somewhere I think.

Doesn't change the substance of what I said.

edit: Hence the reason I said "small little geographic area" rather than spell out Hartford or mention the big blue dome which they also haven't used in years.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    You know Whitneyville is still in CT, right?

Nowhere in my post did I say Hartford. Hell, the first Pattersons were made in NJ somewhere I think.

Doesn't change the substance of what I said.

edit: Hence the reason I said "small little geographic area" rather than spell out Hartford or mention the big blue dome which they also haven't used in years.
    Right, but why does it matter if they aren't actually made in the same factory anyways? Nor are they made in the same way at all.

Also what about the "Colt's" made in London? Are those not genuine Colt's?

The history lies with the brand name and the (once upon a time) quality of the weapons. It's certainly not the location or owners of the company. Colt has been bankrupt four times by investors who are choosing to capitalize on the name and intellectual property. The factory is better, but still largely in shambles. The building it is in, is owned by an investment group that "leases" it to Colt to hold them hostage, an investment group made up of the buddies who own Colt.

If anything it is very much time for Colt to be removed from a small little geographic region that has contributed to its demise as a brand. It's time to remove Colt from a place where anti-gun politicians dominate. And it's time to move on from the past and move forward into the future.

Colt vacated the "Blue Dome" decades ago and USFS moved in to make SAA clones. Since they went casters up, the building is in the hands of the US Park Service...

https://www.nps.gov/colt/index.htm

Not sure there's a lot of sentimental history associated with the current facility.

I seemed to remember a previous CZ/Colt deal... the Z40

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/col...stol-1-at-ria/

Maybe there was some groundwork already done?

Ever since the Python came back, I've been wanting one. We had a milk crate full of bright stainless Pythons that were used for force on force training in our academy. I cringed as the other recruits simply tossed them in the crate at the end of training each day.
    Last edited by Inkwell 41; 01-13-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Right, but why does it matter if they aren't actually made in the same factory anyways? Nor are they made in the same way at all.
    I think proximity, both time and location, matter. It's still the local pub/brewery if the building burns down and they move down the street. It stops being the local pub/brewery when InBev buys it, closes the "new" location, fires the staff, loses the regulars and moves production to Walla Walla Washington.

I don't consider the Oregon (?) made "Competition" ARs to be Colts. I think most folks who used to harp on the 6920 probably agree.

If anything it is very much time for Colt to be removed from a small little geographic region that has contributed to its demise as a brand. It's time to remove Colt from a place where anti-gun politicians dominate. And it's time to move on from the past and move forward into the future.
    You can do that, but it isn't Colt anymore. And at that point why bother? The rollmark doesn't look that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Colt vacated the "Blue Dome" decades ago and USFS moved in to make SAA clones. Since they went casters up, the building is in the hands of the US Park Service...

https://www.nps.gov/colt/index.htm

Not sure there's a lot of sentimental history associated with the current facility.
    I'm aware of the fire and USFA's use of the location. It's one of the things that makes those SAAs interesting.

Site Supporter
    I just want whatever Colt ends up being to bring back roll marks of centaurs fighting Indians.

Name:  AB8A79AC-0ECC-4C45-A19B-12DFB0D3B399.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  40.7 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List