Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: CZ attempting to buy Colt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    ColtZ
    Think Slavic.... Czolt.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Think Slavic.... Czolt.
    Love it. Prounounced, "Cholt" or "Jolt"?

CZG - Have your people call my people if you want to use MY logo design. - I'll take my payment in the form of handguns or shares of CZG stock...which ever is easier.

Name:  CzoltLogo.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  15.1 KB

It will be interesting to see what CZ does with Colt on the commercial side. CZ has very good brand recognition with the CZ 75 family of guns and with their rimfire rifles. CZ also makes some nice sporting shotguns and rifles. Dan Wesson already makes good 1911-pattern pistols. And Colt makes AR-pattern rifles, 1911-pattern pistols, and revolvers. CZ still offers the Cadet kit while Colt has not offered the Ace or Service Ace kits in decades.

The Colt name is well known outside of the USA, so I can see more export models. CZ pays lots of attention to handgun competition, an area Colt paid lip service to at best. Might we see Colt go after the USPSA/IPSC market? I know RR mentioned the DWX above, and that makes a ton of sense. I can also see a lot of Pythons and Cobras being exported.

CZ also pays attention to history. And Colt has lots of history to note. Looking in my own safes, besides 1911-pattern pistols, I see Challengers and Huntsman pistols. Colt marketed the first successful semi-auto .22, and Colt has not offered a .22 pistol in sometime while Browning, Ruger, S&W now dominate the space. Looks like a niche to fill.

Other niches Colt could explore are the small carry market, the modern 9mm service pistol market, and the precision rifle market. The modern service pistol gets all of the attention, but it is the most crowded and competitive space. The small carry market potential in the USA may be impacted by politics, but, for now, it is a strong market with room for more players. And precision rifle seems to be growing in popularity.

The next decade should be interesting to those of use who like Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Love it. Prounounced, "Cholt" or "Jolt"?

CZG - Have your people call my people if you want to use MY logo design. - I'll take my payment in the form of handguns or shares of CZG stock...which ever is easier.

Name:  CzoltLogo.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  15.1 KB
    You best be getting a trademark on that PDQ.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Vending Machine Operator
    On balance, this is probably a very good thing. Colt had no idea how to market a classic American brand. CZ markets quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Back to import things... I think the new logo should be similar to what was on the Colt Z40:

Name:  972.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  23.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Waiting for returns on firearms is a losing proposition, IMO. You can still buy a Winchester rifle and you will still be able to buy a Colt pistol. I'm of the opinion that nobody really cares if Winchester rifles are made in Japan or Spain or if Colt pistols are made in CT or, where was it again they were moving to?

I just sold two Colt 1911's for what I paid for them. I'll always remember a guy behind the counter at the LGS telling me, we aren't in the business of storing guns.
    No kidding Captain Obvious, thanks for the heads up.

Winchester collectors care very much about the difference between a Winchester and a "Japchester". You need to spend more time around Colt collectors. I'm not talking about the general buying public. Perception and demand drive price. Once someone hears, "no more real 'murican Colt's" the demand goes up. It doesn't matter if they're 50-100 year old guns Colt would never make again anyway. It's psychology, not logic.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Back to import things... I think the new logo should be similar to what was on the Colt Z40:

I’m glad I never saw that at the time.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post

I had a CZ40B in the dark dark Clinton days. It was a way to get a "high cap" mag, since CZ75 magazines would work. I think you could get 12 or 13 .40 cartridges in it, but it's been a long time. I liked it quite a bit, though I had little to compare it to in those days. I ruined the gun by getting Big Dots put on it. I shipped my slide to them and they used it to make the first set of sights for the CZ40B, so I actually had the very first set of Big Dots on that particular model. And then I couldn't hit shit with it any longer and learned I made a mistake with getting Big Dots...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    I hope the bring a colt Canada 16” 7.62 into the USA. I have long wanted a 7.62 version of a 6920

User Tag List