Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ attempting to buy Colt

Proud to be a Bohunk.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The first new gun should be named the Colt Kolache. It could be a sweet gun. I do love them Kolaches.
    Bread type or cookie type?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Vz 58s with the Colt pony on them.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Yeah, I get it. Not sure about the "Cadillac" part though. It's rather John Deere.
    I always thought of them more like your fathers Oldsmobile.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Do they manufacture or just import? I used to drive by CZ-USA every workday for 5 years (before knowing/realizing they were in KCK) and it's a fairly small building.

Edit: I looked up the satellite view and saw that there's another much larger building behind the main office.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/c...hot-show-2019/

I welcome any and all attempts to purchase Colt and pry it from the hands of the vultures that are content to suck it dry until there is nothing left.

CZ makes great products, Dan Wesson has done well with 1911s. I'm not sure how they see blending the product lines together (if they intend to), but it could be very good.

Personally, I'd love to see CZ buy Colt. Followed by the wholesale elimination of Colt production of 1911s and all new Dan Wessons will be 'Colts'. The Dan Wesson Line can be competition oriented double-stack 1911 guns. And Colt will 'make' all the 1911s. Such that all new Colt 1911s will be MIM free and made to Dan Wesson QC standards.

Alternatively, I see this going the other way. Colt builds a fine, lower-priced 1911, compared to Dan Wesson. So Colt is the 'Chevy' Dan Wesson is the 'Caddy'. But Colt gets the benefit of extensive Dan Wesson and CZ QC Engineers. A significant bump it needs to elevate its status as a brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Maybe CZ figures an import ban is coming very soon and they want a factory in the US. I think it would be cheaper for them to just build a CZ factory in the US. Maybe they did the numbers and thought it made sense. The last thing colt needs is more investors
    You may be right.. I guess that they could also want to buy Colt to obtain ownership of the patents, and all the tooling, I would like to think that CZ understands that the political climate in Connecticut towards the 2A is'nt the greatest.. They could, I suppose, buy everything and move it somewhere else..

I like the rollmarks on Colts and their general aesthetics more than I like anything else about their guns. I also like that I can get a "blank canvas" sort of gun from Colt.

If CZ can make the guns look like Colts, but work like DWs, man, I am all in.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    The CZ 1911 (a 800-850 dollar priced GI style gun) was received extremely positively by the 1911 fandom. Some even stated it was of better quality than the Colts within it's price range.

The first Colt I bought was unimpressive. So far I've been okay with the little Colt New Agent (beyond having to tune the extractor because of course)

Some guys have remarked that Colt has been making some excellent guns lately, but from my experience of two, the QC was hit or miss and I had to fill in the gaps on both guns. If DW does that and keeps at least a slightly similar price point and keeps the branding, they might be on to something.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    They already do. CZ makes P-10s in Kansas and Dan Wesson makes their stuff in New York.
    Here's a good location for their new plant in Kansas, feel right at home:

User Tag List