Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Arfcom is down - Killed by commies at least down for the moment

Google etc all capture and sell your information
    I realized a long time ago that FB was a bad choice because of data mining. Until recently I never thought Google was doing the same thing. Emails started popping up from places and people I had no contact with, unknown to me, mostly trying to sell me something but others were politically focused.

You can tell I'm a babe in the woods when it comes to internet stuff. I just wish that Al Gore had done a better job.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    what's so laughable about it? There are enough deranged, violent, conspiracy theory-fueled morons out there for this to be a legitimate concern.
    Well, for starters, there's no one in my state Capital building. It's closed, and they're convening virtually. I guess you could protest from home while watching the YouTube channel...

what's so laughable about it? There are enough deranged, violent, conspiracy theory-fueled morons out there for this to be a legitimate concern.
    I mostly lurk on a few other gun boards, technical forums only. I peeked into some of the political discussions recently and the level of batshit-fuckin’-crazy that’s visible even on the surface is literally unbelievable. I couldn’t sort joke posts from sincere until I realized that most of them were not joking. And that’s just the public posts. I find completely plausible that every state would have a wing-nut contingent making noises about “doing something” at the capitol.

I’ve never been on Parler, but if they did draw a similar concentration of Stop-The-Steal/QAnon cheerleaders, I’ll bet there will be ample evidence of incitements to violence and insurrection on the service, enough to make the case for deplatforming.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Well, for starters, there's no one in my state Capital building. It's closed, and they're convening virtually. I guess you could protest from home while watching the YouTube channel...

Yep. The whole "50 state capital protest" BS is made up. If I was a betting man I'd say the feds looked at last year's Virginia Lobby Day rally and the fact that the inauguration is that same date and decided to start that rumor as a way to hopefully entice a bunch of suckers into what can hopefully (in their mind) become a violent protest. That would set things up to justify a crackdown on "armed insurgent militias" (i.e. anyone who isn't liberal and anti-gun).

Just part of the plan. Democrat leaders cheer on blamtifa as they burn buildings all over the country but want to kick republicans out or office for daring to question an election with tons of sketchy shenanigans.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    This thread is wandering into general political discussion. It's been left here until this point both as a service for arfcom refugees to find and for the general discussion of alternatives. If it continues to waver into politics it will be locked or moved to politics subforum.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Yea, I think the state of coordinated attacks in all fifty states is laughable.
    #RESIST

I'd be seriously impressed if there was.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Well have you seen CNN though? America is Confronting Dark Forces! Unfortunately none of the forces being confronted is unbridled hysteria.
    It might be simpler than that (Occam's razor). Kind of hard to explain with out getting into politics and tin foil hat territory, but here goes. If you accept the concept that that silicon valley, main stream media, and the incoming administration and congress have been pretty much working together to concentrate power and wealth, then it isn't too much of a stretch that big tech would shut down the various outlets of the disenfranchised middle class, flyover country, deplorables, etc. in hopes of getting some already paranoid Cleti(or whatever the plural of Cletus is?) to radicalize in order to fulfil the narrative they are fomenting which is that the biggest existential threat is racially motivated, domestic terrorism. Thus giving the media its talking points/propaganda and federal government its justification for imposing draconian restrictions in the name of common sense security.

Why wait for a crisis, when you can create your own and have fun doing it.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    It might be simpler than that (Occam's razor). Kind of hard to explain with out getting into politics and tin foil hat territory, but here goes. If you accept the concept that that silicon valley, main stream media, and the incoming administration and congress have been pretty much working together to concentrate power and wealth, then it isn't too much of a stretch that big tech would shut down the various outlets of the disenfranchised middle class, flyover country, deplorables, etc. in hopes of getting some already paranoid Cleti(or whatever the plural of Cletus is?) to radicalize in order to fulfil the narrative they are fomenting which is that the biggest existential threat is racially motivated, domestic terrorism. Thus giving the media its talking points/propaganda and federal government its justification for imposing draconian restrictions in the name of common sense security.

Why wait for a crisis, when you can create your own and have fun doing it.
    I suspect you are pretty close to the target here. This is really nothing more than applied psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I suspect you are pretty close to the target here. This is really nothing more than applied psychology.
    There's also the belief that if the bad people weren't telling evil Rightwing hatespeech to rile up the Cleetii, they would placidly settle down and accept the fact that the Government Knows What's Best For Them.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List