Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Arfcom is down - Killed by commies at least down for the moment

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'll be moving to ProtonMail in 2021 ,more or less for good. I've had an account there for about six months. I tried the "plus" pay plan, however due to a miscommunication I didn't understand the features, and cancelled. To Proton's credit, they refunded me my entire annual subscription that remained. It was a very efficient process and their CS rep could not have been more helpful.

Anyway, I still have the free account, and also make use of their free ProtonVPN service when we travel.
    Do you normally use a VPN at home? Not trying to pry so feel free to be vague, I'm just wondering why only use ProtonVPN for travel?

Well, this is amusing.

In support of this site, I applied for an account today.

It just got "denied".

The reason given was the screen name I chose (based on my email, without the "at" whatever dot com) wasn't allowed. I have used a two digit suffix on most of my accounts, for years. But apparently having those two digits (numbers) on an account username isn't permitted there.

Ok then.
    Quite a few years ago they started requiring non-anonymous email for registration due to all the bots, hackers, and trolls on a site that large. It’s been many years since I spent time there but it was a real issue that they had few ways to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Can't confirm, but ProtonMail may be having issues as about an hour ago. Another forum member tried to send me a message from a Gmail account, and weird stuff happened.

I'm a long time ProtonMail user.
    ProtonMail seems to have gotten it's stuff sorted out. It wasn't just me, the Reddit group reported the same issue I saw.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Funny I just had my first issue here in weeks reading this thread...

Name:  8B28017F-3D7F-43C7-8EF4-81664E9A433D.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  35.5 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Use 308 rather than 15. I don't go there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Funny I just had my first issue here in weeks reading this thread...

Name:  8B28017F-3D7F-43C7-8EF4-81664E9A433D.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  35.5 KB
    Got the same, but hitting F5 cleared it up.

Chris

This link is to the protonmail.com blog and gives a little info on their planned development. They're going to integrate a calendar function "soon"

https://protonmail.com/blog/v4-beta-announcement/

You can access the beta site by logging in at the https://beta.protonmail.com site. The user interface upgrades are nice and the calendar feature integration is great.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I just deactivated my Twitter account.

Not a very big sacrifice on my part, I really only used it one day. When some of the riots were going on, I forget which one now, there was some minor small city participation near my wife's shop. She needed to go do something so I went with her, and kept monitoring the situation on my phone. The local newspaper (that I pay for to get past their paywall) kept reporting that mostly peaceful protesters were trying to get up a ramp and block a nearby highway, and police from a variety of agencies were dissuading them from doing so, all about 2,000yds from where we were (where it was a beautiful and calm day). When it occurred to me that everything the newspaper was posting was just reporting what the PD had been tweeting, I signed up for Twitter and followed the local PD. It was pretty helpful for that one day.

Then a while back I realized social media was frequently making me angry instead of happy and I pulled the apps offa my phone and never looked at it again, managing to never send a single tweet, something that quite possibly would have happened when I was shitfaced.

I know it is like a flea biting an elephant, but I had to do a password reset to get access to it to close the account. I do admit I got a little bit of satisfaction from:

Name:  Deactivated.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  14.4 KB

Well, this is amusing.

In support of this site, I applied for an account today.

It just got "denied".

The reason given was the screen name I chose (based on my email, without the "at" whatever dot com) wasn't allowed. I have used a two digit suffix on most of my accounts, for years. But apparently having those two digits (numbers) on an account username isn't permitted there.

Ok then.
    I tried to sign up of an account with them years ago. They couldn't seem to send the confirmation email to my @Mac.com address. After three or four tries, I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d recommend Protonmail.
    i give Proton Mail a second and a whole hearted endorsement. I use it for any type of sensitive emails.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List