Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Arfcom is down - Killed by commies at least down for the moment

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    OK, I’ve deleted my Facebook account and have no other social media accounts.
    I will move to protonmail in the next couple days. I am stuck with apple products at work and use legacy Microsoft at home. I’ve been using Firefox for browsing but it seems they are perhaps the most radical of all of them. Who do I move to for a browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    OK, I’ve deleted my Facebook account and have no other social media accounts.
    I will move to protonmail in the next couple days. I am stuck with apple products at work and use legacy Microsoft at home. I’ve been using Firefox for browsing but it seems they are perhaps the most radical of all of them. Who do I move to for a browser?
    Good question.
    I migrated from Chrome to Firefox, since google does only evil. But apparently FF/Moziila is just as bad or worse. Is it back to IE/Edge/Chromium? Brave really seemed to suck as a browser. Tor is based off Mozilla.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Brave has been good to me for over a year, both on desktop and on smartphone.

Also:
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by John Murphy View Post
    Oh, the irony of that being a Chinese quote....
    I had that thought too.

See you at Fernan R&G in the PacNW this summer, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I speak only for me, but I hereby authorize LL or his designated actors to contact me directly in case of any situations regarding this forum.
    Nah, you speak for me too.

I had a plan hatching to take the old ES300, the Mrs, and the next summer after this COVID bs dies down to travel around and meet some peeps from here. Can’t do that if I can’t find them.

Of course, I’m just going to drink everyone’s bourbon, so it might be no great loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Brave has been good to me for over a year, both on desktop and on smartphone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I’ve been using Brave for a year or two. I vaguely recall some issues early on but it runs fine now for the simple browsing I do. I keep FF and Safari just in case I run into problems. I’m starting to experiment with Brave Tor too, time will tell.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    I have been using Brave for a few months with no problems.
    Found this one last night:
    https://dissenter.com/
    Meet the Free Speech Web Browser
    The Dissenter web browser is built for The People, not advertisers. Block Big Tech ads and trackers by default. Discover a comment section on every URL online. Welcome to the free speech internet.
    I haven't used it yet but will try it out.

I'm using Nord VPN.

If I get Proton mail, is there a reason to "bundle" and get the paid ProtonVPN as well for some reason to replace Nord VPN that isn't readily apparent? I'm not a tech guy.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Seems to me that there is a big opportunity for a libertarian or conservative entrepreneur to offer various services to all of those kicked off of, or pissed off by, the current established tech companies. Who knew we’d live in an era where you needed to know the political leanings of the guy that makes your telephone...

Something of note in all of this... pretty much all tech companies, from hosting to social media to search engines, have insisted for years that they are not “media”, presumably because being “media” comes with added restrictions. I can’t help but wonder how long before Facebook or the Amazon server farms are nationalized. Perhaps not by this administration (given that they seem to be aligned) but the presumably (ultra?)conservative replacement in 4-8 years.

That gets me wondering, it seems that most financial advisers are still pushing Apple, Facebook, etc. as strong investments based on presumed future growth. I wonder what happens when they get nationalized or, at a minimum, broken up Ma Bell style.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Seems to me that there is a big opportunity for a libertarian or conservative entrepreneur to offer various services to all of those kicked off of, or pissed off by, the current established tech companies. Who knew we’d live in an era where you needed to know the political leanings of the guy that makes your telephone...

Something of note in all of this... pretty much all tech companies, from hosting to social media to search engines, have insisted for years that they are not “media”, presumably because being “media” comes with added restrictions. I can’t help but wonder how long before Facebook or the Amazon server farms are nationalized. Perhaps not by this administration (given that they seem to be aligned) but the presumably (ultra?)conservative replacement in 4-8 years.

That gets me wondering, it seems that most financial advisers are still pushing Apple, Facebook, etc. as strong investments based on presumed future growth. I wonder what happens when they get nationalized or, at a minimum, broken up Ma Bell style.
    Here is a good interview with the gab founder. They address a lot of your concerns.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/01/an...b-free-speech/
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

I'm not going to say people shouldn't use a VPN, but it's not the security prophylactic so many seem to think it is.
    Silk Road was brought down because the dude made a simple, stupid mistake: he accidentally checked his PERSONAL email while on a random public wifi using his sanitized laptop and over the VPN he used to do all the Silk Road management shit. There's many dissertations out there about how VPNs and security are compromised, simply because someone makes a simple error. After all, the only secure computer is one that's never connected to the internet, never touched by a human, and never turned on.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List