Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021-01-11 Parler "Hacked"

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I can't load that link.
    Looks like embedding the URL left a double https in her link. This one should work

https://www.thewrap.com/sarah-sander...ensor-whining/

More Parler news. GPS info from Parler users during the riot.

https://gizmodo.com/parler-users-bre...ing-1846042905
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Deleted...................
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-12-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I hope that I'm not telling anyone here something new, but here it goes: On any forum, be it print, TV, radio or the internet, the right of free speech applies to the owner of the forum. It does not apply to those who seek to publish within that forum. The government has to have a pretty damned good reason to censor the publishers and the courts do not look fondly on those attempts.

BUT the forum owners generally have the right to apply whatever rules they want. Your choice is to comply with the rules or walk away. You do not have the right to have your views carried on Twitter, Parler, or here, for that matter. If LittleLebowski decided to delete all posts critical of AOC or DJT, he is more than free to do so because this is his forum and he has the right to set the rules for participation. Just like any newspaper can edit or refuse to publish your letter to the editor.

Those politicians crying about Twiter's censorship are only showing their basic lack of understanding in how the First Amendment works.
    You said to only delete posts critical of revolvers!
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Okay, WTFO?

I’m guessing it’s political, which should make it outside the spectrum of this thread, but I can’t actually figure out what you mean.

Which I guess means I’m wasting my time typing...
    OK, I deleted it. Now if you do the same it disappears.

More Parler news. GPS info from Parler users during the riot.

https://gizmodo.com/parler-users-bre...ing-1846042905
    and the facebook gps data?

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    and the facebook gps data?
    I suppose there will be some of that also. Do people use FB like Parler? Not a mobile app user so just asking.

I suppose there will be some of that also. Do people use FB like Parler? Not a mobile app user so just asking.
    Me either, but I imagine FB and Twitter info would be at least as representative. Parler had nothing to do with any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Me either, but I imagine FB and Twitter info would be at least as representative. Parler had nothing to do with any of this.
    I don't know the apps features but it may geolink your location when you take a photo or video. I'm not saying Parler is responsible. I saw a lot of people who were in the building taking video of the riot. I do know that the tech was around 15 years ago to geolink a photo with a GPS chip in the camera. I think all smart phones have that capability now but because I don't have one I'm not up on the latest features.

Like the FBI just said on their latest update of their efforts to locate people who participated in the DC riot.

I want to stress that the FBI has a long memory and a broad reach. Agents and our partners are on the streets investigating leads not only here in the D.C. area, but also across the country through the FBI’s 56 field offices. So even if you’ve left D.C., agents from of our local offices will be knocking on your door if we find out that you were part of criminal activity at the Capitol. Before we do, this is your opportunity to come forward, as several individuals who were involved in Wednesday’s riots have done, to volunteer information about their participation.

User Tag List