Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2021-01-11 Parler "Hacked"

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Me either, but I imagine FB and Twitter info would be at least as representative. Parler had nothing to do with any of this.
    I think it had to do with the crappy security of Parler as they did not remove the location data of the uploads and also allowed this information to be publicly accessible. FB and Twitter likely have better user security that prevents people from scraping the whole sight including location tags (and deleted posts).

Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    I think it had to do with the crappy security of Parler as they did not remove the location data of the uploads and also allowed this information to be publicly accessible. FB and Twitter likely have better user security that prevents people from scraping the whole sight including location tags (and deleted posts).
    Twitter and FB are historically more likely to have calls to murder people. I'm not sure why this is difficult.

Parler seems to have a good case against Amazon if this complaint is accurate.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...4664.1.0_1.pdf
    #RESIST

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Details from Motherboard:

When news of donk_enby's archival efforts broke, several viral tweets, Reddit posts, and Facebook posts claimed that she had captured private information, scans of drivers licenses and IDs, and other highly sensitive information. She said those posts are “not at all” accurate.

“Everything we grabbed was publicly available on the web, we just made a permanent public snapshot of it,” donk_enby told me.

donk_enby had originally intended to grab data only from the day of the Capitol takeover, but found that the poor construction and security of Parler allowed her to capture, essentially, the entire website. That ended up being 56.7 terabytes of data, which included every public post on Parler, 412 million files in all—including 150 million photos and more than 1 million videos. Each of these had embedded metadata like date, time and GPS coordinates—unlike most social media sites, Parler does not strip metadata from media its users upload, which, crucially, could be useful for law enforcement and open source investigators.
    The whole article is worth a read.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Details from Motherboard:

Pepperidge Farm remembers when Twitter users were being banned for posting stuff from Hunter Biden’s laptop. The same rules don’t apply to this person.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Twitter and FB are historically more likely to have calls to murder people. I'm not sure why this is difficult.
    I wasn't commenting on the content on any of the platforms. I may have misunderstood what you were referencing. I was saying Parler users data was exposed because Parler has crappy data security relative to FB or Twitter since they don't scrub location data from user uploads and allow the public to get that data.

Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    I wasn't commenting on the content on any of the platforms. I may have misunderstood what you were referencing. I was saying Parler users data was exposed because Parler has crappy data security relative to FB or Twitter since they don't scrub location data from user uploads and allow the public to get that data.
    Hackers got the metadata. That's all of the the important facts that are relevant. Read it and weep if you happen to be a Parler user. It's all out there for LE and anyone else who wants to know. FBI has it, count on it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    A socio-anarchist screen scraped all of parler. You have now read the entire article.

Site Supporter
    One wonders how many of the OWASP Top 10 they included in their fsck-up.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    One wonders how many of the OWASP Top 10 they included in their fsck-up.

Chris
    I see what you did there...
    #RESIST

User Tag List