Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-01-11 Parler "Hacked"

2021-01-11 Parler "Hacked"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgqb...erything-first
    https://gizmodo.com/every-deleted-pa...dat-1846032466

Cursory skimming shows that allegedly that a huge amount of data was available for download of Parler's data, including posts, location tags, videos, verified users' PII (which was used to verify a user, and allegedly includes drivers licenses and/or SSNs), etc.; according to claims, this was an oversight on Parler's part, with poor security settings: https://www.reddit.com/r/ParlerWatch...as_we/giuz38a/

So, if you've used Parler and verified yourself, probably want to start taking precautionary measures dealing with ID theft.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 01-11-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Where is it being reported that Parler was storing driver license numbers and SSNs?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I believe that Twitter is cool with allowing the hacker to advertise this data still.
    #RESIST

Jiminy Cricket. These geniuses are all torqued up over global lizard people conspiracies yet happily gave their PII to a social media platform?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I believe that Twitter is cool with allowing the hacker to advertise this data still.
    I am correct. So much for Twitter’s hacked data policy.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Man, I hope a conservative organization opens a social media platform.

Or maybe just a truly open social platform.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    Jiminy Cricket. These geniuses are all torqued up over global lizard people conspiracies yet happily gave their PII to a social media platform?
    Way to generalize.
    #RESIST

Way to generalize.
    OK jokes aside, there is no legitimate reason for this platform to collect driver's licenses or SSN's. I would not provide PII to a website without a real need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    OK jokes aside, there is no legitimate reason for this platform to collect driver's licenses or SSN's. I would not provide PII to a website without a real need for it.
    Fair enough.
    #RESIST

The PII point is well made, but comparing the genuine good faith made towards the "if you don't like the censorship, *just* create your own social media" effort against the actual outcomes is telling.

The censorship needs to go away. Conservatives and gun owners need to able to be just as present and vocal on social media as anyone else. Free speech should matter, and space for genuine and intense dissent must exist. I won't be hopeful.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List