Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best non-leather belt is?

best non-leather belt is?

I've got a 5.11 that works well but screams gun belt when worn, and it's a bit large for anything othr than jeans, does anyone know of a good alternative in the 1.25 to 1.5 inch range without the "operator" buckle? velcro is fine.

Thanks.

Site Supporter

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    that's an interesting option, I never thought to use a belt with a hook securing it.

Quote Originally Posted by part-time shooter View Post
    I've got a 5.11 that works well but screams gun belt when worn...
    I used to worry about this, but I not any longer. 99% of the time I wear either a Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt or their Frequent Flyer belt. The only time I don't wear one is when I wear a suit or at church. I think we tend to look at things from our own frame of reference and project that onto others. One time I had a man approach me at an airport and ask if I was a [rock] climber. I told him no, and he commented on my belt. I noticed he was wearing an instructor belt also. Turns out he was a climbing/canyoning instructor and was en route to South America to teach a canyon rescue course.

The other day I was out wearing my tan HK logo ball cap. Someone asked me when I had been to Hong Kong.

Besides, here in West Texas you almost stand out more if you don't wear some sort of firearms related clothing or have a decal on your vehicle...
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

I am a big fan of the belts made by Ares Gear, I have been running a ranger since October and the thing is aewsome.
    Chemist.

I had a belt made from a guy named Kary Welch. It is like a wilderness belt but maybe a little stiffer in 1.5 with a 1.5inch cobra buckle. It is a really nice made belt.

Not the best by any means, but I like my Wilderness Instructor's belt. It does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Not the best by any means, but I like my Wilderness Instructor's belt. It does the job.

I have to agree with gt says. For what it's worth, I found the 1.75 to wide for jeans and instead bought a 1.5 in khaki and no one really pays any attention to it.

Though the narrower belts look better I really prefer a 1.75" Wilderness or leather belt for AIWB. It just seems to keep the gun tucked into the body better. Since I started carrying appendix there is always something covering the belt anyway so looks are not that important.

User Tag List