Thread: I thought I might get rich, and then No

Site Supporter

I thought I might get rich, and then No

Anybody else notice the prices powder and primers are going for on GB? I have, let's say, "a lot" of each that I could dump on that auction site right now and potentially make killings on. Was all hyped up that maybe this was my golden moment. And then I decided to look up shipping regs for that kind of stuff. Whoopsy-daisy.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I can't do this as a non-certified individual...and I have a feeling this extra-crazy price window will be closing fairly soon. A friend just sent me a link on GB to where 5k primers sold for $1800. Y'all that's $150 worth of primers in the recent good old days when I bought them. Anybody have any ideas? I would love to lock in that type of profit, or even half that, but not if it'll get my butt landed in jail or fined doing it the wrong way. I'd just put them on for penny start and let the market speak. Anybody ever done Local Pickup Only on GB???

Name:  E31E245F-98E1-42B6-898B-EDCFC3121817.jpeg
Views: 684
Size:  55.0 KB
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I've had the same thought for a while now. I tried advertising at well below gunbroker pricing on my local forum, no joy. If you find that a local pickup only sale on gunbroker works out for you, please report back here, as I'd be interested in knowing how that process goes. (My experience with gunbroker is pretty minimal - I've bought one item there and sold zero.)

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Anybody else notice the prices powder and primers are going for on GB? I have, let's say, "a lot" of each that I could dump on that auction site right now and potentially make killings on. Was all hyped up that maybe this was my golden moment. And then I decided to look up shipping regs for that kind of stuff. Whoopsy-daisy.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I can't do this as a non-certified individual...and I have a feeling this extra-crazy price window will be closing fairly soon. A friend just sent me a link on GB to where 5k primers sold for $1800. Y'all that's $150 worth of primers in the recent good old days when I bought them. Anybody have any ideas? I would love to lock in that type of profit, or even half that, but not if it'll get my butt landed in jail or fined doing it the wrong way. I'd just put them on for penny start and let the market speak. Anybody ever done Local Pickup Only on GB???
    Good luck with that! Hope u make that fortune. I used to work with a guy who took advantage of every shortage to make coin. He was really good at it. He said the scariest part was the parking lot meets.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    I'm sitting on a similar stash, but I'm holding onto mine because I handload everything and the future is pretty bleak in terms of buying ammo.

Chris

Me, too. I had rather go shooting than profiteer.

Most of my shooting these days is pistol, so I diverted most of my small rifle primers to 9mm and sold some of my large rifle primers to my Long Range friend.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Me, too. I had rather go shooting than profiteer.
    I can't help it. I'm a born capitalist. And I've got a divorce to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I've got a divorce to pay for.
    Give your Ex some primers and have your lawyer document how much they are worth....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Anyone want to trade primers for Tac powder?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Anyone want to trade primers for Tac powder?
    Too bad we are so far apart...
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List