Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DB and LL are a bad influence, in a good way

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Pockets, or bust.
    That makes it a pretty meh option to me, then. I don't think I'd care for a loader-esque thing in my pocket.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Every time I see the subject of the 101 come up on a discussion board I ask myself, why on God's own green earth doesn't Ruger expand the frame just enough to hold a 6-round cylinder? With the 101's stout construction and weight it would make a delightful, D-frame size 6-shot 357 Magnum. What a missed opportunity.

YMMV,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Every time I see the subject of the 101 come up on a discussion board I ask myself, why on God's own green earth doesn't Ruger expand the frame just enough to hold a 6-round cylinder? With the 101's stout construction and weight it would make a delightful, D-frame size 6-shot 357 Magnum. What a missed opportunity.

YMMV,
    Dave
    While I wouldn't normally besmirch the engineers at Ruger, the last time they tried to squeeze another round into something was the 7-shot GP-100 and that turned into a clusterfuck. S&W has been making 7-shot L-frames for over twenty years without rimlock drama, so that should have been a slam dunk. I'd love a 6-shot SP-101 as much as the next guy, but I think at this point if that itch has to be scratched one would be better off just buying a Kimber K6 than waiting around for Ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post

YMMV,
    Dave
    My recollection is it's an issue of cast versus forged. It needs the extra thickness to equal the cylinder strength of say a Smith J or a Colt DS. So you end up with a thicker 5 shot cylinder. Agreed a six shot in an equivalent package would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    How does one carry such a contraption?
    I wonder if it would fit in a cd-2
    Name:  20210101_140619.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  42.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Don't worry, you'll end up with the Gp100 too soon enough That is a gun also on my list, too.
    GP100 box checked. 5” blue steel, I’ll probably make that Zoolander face if I can ever find .357mag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    GP100 box checked. 5” blue steel, I’ll probably make that Zoolander face if I can ever find .357mag.

Strong work. I still have to get one myself. I was looking at the Wiley clap gp100 re release... but ultimately I think my gun budget for the foreseeable future is going to go towards modernizing my much less interesting plastic pistols.... being fiscally responsible is a drag

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    Is it the 1756? I love the balance of a 4” GP but I’m debating one of those 5-inchers.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Is it the 1756? I love the balance of a 4” GP but I’m debating one of those 5-inchers.
    Yes sir, it is. I was looking hard for a 4” but only finding 5 and 6 out there. This blued 5” was calling me and I could not resist.

DB and LL are a bad influence, in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Strong work. I still have to get one myself. I was looking at the Wiley clap gp100 re release... but ultimately I think my gun budget for the foreseeable future is going to go towards modernizing my much less interesting plastic pistols.... being fiscally responsible is a drag
    It is a drag. I want a Super Alaskan Redhawk and regular Redhawk now too. Dang it all you revolver enablers making me question the line between need and want.

Damage Factory only had one revolver in stock. Slim Pickens in the south Denver metro area. Franktown Firearms has a few.

User Tag List