Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DB and LL are a bad influence, in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I love my LCR, despite the fact it's...aesthetically challenged. I know not everyone likes the cammed trigger, but I do.
    This. And I was heretofore a loooooooong time J-frame enthusiast. I find the LCR’s advantages compelling enough that I now have a spare.

That’s a lot of Fugly, but it’s hard to argue with the function and the pricing, since both my .38s were minty used, and the two cost less than a single New King Cobra or K6s.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I don't think I'd call an SP101 lightweight.
    Agreed. The SP101 occupies a middle ground between a lightweight and a duty size revolver, a niche I've never personally felt the use for. The only SP101 I own is a .22 4.2" barrel model I traded for to get my son started on. It's a fine little revolver for what it's for, but for carry I don't see much difference in a SP101 vs a 3" GP100 for what I do and how I dress.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Don't worry, you'll end up with the Gp100 too soon enough That is a gun also on my list, too.
    I fear you are right. I had never heard of Wiley Clapp until this forum. Thanks to @LittleLebowski ‘s thread, I can’t stop thinking about one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Agreed. The SP101 occupies a middle ground between a lightweight and a duty size revolver, a niche I've never personally felt the use for. The only SP101 I own is a .22 4.2" barrel model I traded for to get my son started on. It's a fine little revolver for what it's for, but for carry I don't see much difference in a SP101 vs a 3" GP100 for what I do and how I dress.
    Definitely. I doubt I'd get one for CCW when the 3" WC is out there (also on my want list...). I bet they are a hoot in .22LR, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    I fear you are right. I had never heard of Wiley Clapp until this forum. Thanks to @LittleLebowski ‘s thread, I can’t stop thinking about one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've wanted one since they came out. Always ended up having higher priorities on my wishlist, though. Given the current pricing/availability of guns and especially ammo, it will have to remain a dream deferred, unfortunately. I'll get my hands on them eventually, though, that's for certain.

The WC or other new GP100s are probably better "daily drivers" in some sense of the word, but if you see a nice older K frame or N frame (Model 19/66 or 27/28) definitely jump on them. My bigger wheelguns are a Model 28-2 and a model 19-3 and they are my pride and joy. I'll never sell them. The craftsmanship just ain't what it used to be. I do not feel that way about newer Smiths unfortunately.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 01-10-2021 at 03:39 PM.

I tried a 442 but I just couldn't find grips that worked for me. Turns out Taurus grips might have been just what I was looking for but the J-frame got traded (and I made out like a bandit on that deal, too) and I ended up with an LCR. Pretty nice trigger out of the box unlike the 442.

Also had an SP101 for a long time too. Too heavy for what it is but I wish I had kept it for a trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Oh, and I have a 642 but I never carry it. Don't have the right kind of pockets (pants).

My $.02 worth,
    Dave
    Not judging, but pants have advantages that going without, or wearing kilts instead, can’t provide.
    To each his own, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I generally don’t post pics. My shotgun transformation being the exception should someone need the influence or research.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post

Purchased up my first revolver yesterday, Ruger LCR in 38spl.

This ought to be fun. Here to read and learn the wheel gun.
    Congratulations. I hope you enjoy your range time with the LCR and that it serves you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    Congratulations. I hope you enjoy your range time with the LCR and that it serves you well.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List