Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DB and LL are a bad influence, in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I have yet to find a speedloader that I really like with the LCR: there’s just not much room to work. If you are comfortable with speed strips, there might be something here that is right up your alley:

https://zetasix.com/product/j-clip-r/

I’ve looked at those, but not bought one yet. On a 6 slot Bianchi speed strip, I have a 2 space 3 config. I drop the first two in, flip it around, then the next two and then the final round. I may try the 8 slot and stagger them by pairs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    LCR update. I really like the little thing. It’s a beast with +P carry ammo, but light and highly functional.

Concealment Express AIWB holster, with swapped in DCC 1.5” clip and DSG small flat pad. This was a test rig for me before going long term with a JMCK or DSG. I have a leather OWB and pocket option as well.
    Thoughts on that holster? How well is it working?

I just picked up an LCRx, so now the holster search begins. I'm picky, and there just aren't as many options for that gun that as for the ubiquitous j-frame.

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    Thoughts on that holster? How well is it working?

I just picked up an LCRx, so now the holster search begins. I'm picky, and there just aren't as many options for that gun that as for the ubiquitous j-frame.
    It works fine for what it is. The edges are decent, not as polished or refined as a JMCK but not pokey either. Top has a flare and fits nicely around the trigger guard. I did add a small flat DSG pad to the back and relaxed the stock clip (which did not fit my 1.5” belt despite being a 1.5” clip) with a DCC clip.

It’s workable and comfortable, and shipping was quick. Eventually, I’ll get a JMCK but for now, this will do and facilitates dry fire training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essentially, this LCR has become my gateway drug into Revolvers.
    Found a very nice, second hand SP101 model 5720 today on consignment at the LGS. I’m hooked.

https://www.ruger.com/products/sp101...eets/5720.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found a very nice, second hand SP101 model 5720 today on consignment at the LGS. I’m hooked.

https://www.ruger.com/products/sp101...eets/5720.html

I like mine.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    #metoo

It’s pretty much been my constant go-to EDC for over 5 years now. It’s just...handy.

Name:  0D7124F5-4C34-49AF-B436-64F43EAA4395.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  50.0 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    #metoo

It’s pretty much been my constant go-to EDC for over 5 years now. It’s just...handy.

Name:  0D7124F5-4C34-49AF-B436-64F43EAA4395.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  50.0 KB
    Nice! I’ve got a line on some replacement grips for mine, but those Pachmayrs you have are on my ‘try it out’ list.

My only wish is for sighting like your model. That being said, I like the spurless config and the gutter sight is workable.

Looking at the Gemini Small Wonder green FO front sight. Any experience with that? I’ve got the green Hi Viz on my LCR but that option may be a tad tall for the SP101.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I messed around with several different grip types, but the Pachs seem to be the best compromise.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I have yet to find a speedloader that I really like with the LCR: there’s just not much room to work. If you are comfortable with speed strips, there might be something here that is right up your alley:

https://zetasix.com/product/j-clip-r/

How does one carry such a contraption?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    How does one carry such a contraption?
    Pockets, or bust.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List