Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 4 Glock trigger mods?

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    The other piece of the puzzle is replacing the safety plunger with one that is rounded/polished/NP3'd as well. Apex has their "ultimate safety plunger" and overwatch sells NP3'd oem ones I believe.
    The plunger on my Gen4 had a sharp edge. Rounding it helped smooth the trigger pull.

Yeah, I've got just over 2,000 rounds through it, at least several hundred with a standard Connector, and the most recent <1,000 back to the stock "." unit.

I have noticed same, I put marine wheel bearing grease at the Connector junction and on the "nub" and it's smoother, sure, but does not duplicate the awesomeness that is NY1 w/ "-".

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    All of my gen 4 guns have Gen 3 trigger/trigger bars swapped in. That little nub on the gen 4 trigger bar I find adds a heavy wall that I never got along with. It drops maybe 1/2 lb from the weight too, makes the break much more roll-y.

I havent used NY trigger springs in a long time though so I can't help you there.
    Ditto on all of this, though I don't get the weight drop from what I can tell, but definitely more roll-y and smoother using the stock dot connector and Gen 3 trigger bar.

Good 25c polishing job and some lube on the connector/trigger bar contact point goes a long way to help.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Ditto on all of this, though I don't get the weight drop from what I can tell, but definitely more roll-y and smoother using the stock dot connector and Gen 3 trigger bar.

Good 25c polishing job and some lube on the connector/trigger bar contact point goes a long way to help.
    Yeah put that under a solid "maybe." it is not a significant reduction in weight, but a big change in character of trigger pull.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah put that under a solid "maybe." it is not a significant reduction in weight, but a big change in character of trigger pull.
    I did gauge measurements on a couple of examples, and it appears to be within the regular deviation before and after.

However, smoother may well feel lighter, because one way the brain may compensate for grit is by adding a small amount of sub-perceptible finger pressure vs when grit is smoothed out.

Or yours did get actually get significantly lighter, and mine didn't. Totally plausible. As I've mentioned before, I've learned to treat every unique example of Glock internals, even when comparing against the same part number, as its own beast. They're consistent enough to be interchangeable, but not consistent enough to be complete predictable from one unit to another.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

6 years ago my wife got a Gen4 19. I felt that the initial pull and final pull were too light for a carry gun. I didn't have a gauge at the time but started trying to make the initial takeup pull heavier while not making the final pull to fire the shot too heavy. It got a Gen3 trigger bar recommended by one of the well known Glock aftermarket people early on. Then I experimented w/ a ton of connectors and the NY spring. Settled on a Lone Wolf LWD-342 3.5# connector, and w/ the spring removed from the NY plastic. I had trimmed the spring some and that helped and removing it really helped. I was nervous about doing that but then realized that the plastic will need to bend the same amount whether there is spring in it or not. So removing the spring shouldn't affect the plastic piece's longevity. I have a gauge now and it has a 5# trigger pull.

User Tag List