Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 20 Gen 4 10mm first outing

I'm a 10mm fanboy, my 20.3 was my usual edc when I lived in Montana and I'm desperately trying to recall a single malfunction with any type of ammo. I ran a bunch of different Double Tap loadings through it back in the day and still have two boxes of their stout 200gr flat point gas checked rounds that fed without a hiccup; you definitely knew you were shooting them, but they were far from unpleasant.

Someone on the old Taffin forum directed me to a custom loader (whose name is lost to me) that made up very nice loads using Silver Tip hp's running hotter than Winchester boxed and sold them...I wish I had a case of those. I kept one of those in the chamber at all times and swapped mags between the custom ST's and the 200gr DT's for town and field carry respectively. The 29.3 I briefly owned hated both those loads.

I got a bit hot and bothered with thoughts of a 29.4 stoked with the Lehigh Extremes until @GJM related his repeated reliability issues with that combo. Sigh...still want a 29.4, you know, for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I'm a 10mm fanboy, my 20.3 was my usual edc when I lived in Montana and I'm desperately trying to recall a single malfunction with any type of ammo. I ran a bunch of different Double Tap loadings through it back in the day and still have two boxes of their stout 200gr flat point gas checked rounds that fed without a hiccup; you definitely knew you were shooting them, but they were far from unpleasant.

Someone on the old Taffin forum directed me to a custom loader (whose name is lost to me) that made up very nice loads using Silver Tip hp's running hotter than Winchester boxed and sold them...I wish I had a case of those. I kept one of those in the chamber at all times and swapped mags between the custom ST's and the 200gr DT's for town and field carry respectively. The 29.3 I briefly owned hated both those loads.

I got a bit hot and bothered with thoughts of a 29.4 stoked with the Lehigh Extremes until @GJM related his repeated reliability issues with that combo. Sigh...still want a 29.4, you know, for reasons.
    I believe I have solved the issue with extra power mag springs from 460 Rowland
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have found the factory Lehigh Penetrator loads to run in every gun I have tried them in, including 9, 40, 45, 45 Super and 10mm.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List