Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did you see in the gun store?

I went in one of our bigger local stores yesterday for the first time in a couple of months.

Had a reasonable selection of Glocks, P320, m&p's. Less than usual but not bare by any means.

Less than usual amount of higher end Stuff also.

What surprised me was ammo. For some reason I've decided to Bone up on My Revolver shooting skills lately and I've been running low on 38. Online it's at least $90 a box plus shipping unless you get some really cheap remanufactured stuff.

I saw some behind the counter and asked the clerk how much expecting it to be somewhere around those price ranges but it was only $25 a box for 50 did unfortunately only a limit of two though per purchase

Our biggest/best gun store closed. Elderly Mom & Pop running the paperwork and sons working the floor and doing ordering. Background check backlog, inability to get ammo or new stock and some premonitions on how the business will be changing led to their closing.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Our biggest/best gun store closed. Elderly Mom & Pop running the paperwork and sons working the floor and doing ordering. Background check backlog, inability to get ammo or new stock and some premonitions on how the business will be changing led to their closing.
    I was just wondering if that would be more common. Seems like a lack of ammo has to be really hurting big ammo vendors and small gun stores alike. Im sure the guns are still moving to some degree but that has to start to run out at some point if you can't get any ammo to go with it.

300WM, 7.62x54, 44mag, and 6.8SPC, were the only ammo in actual quantities. All other common ammo was Zero.

Another shop got some 5.56 in, and the line out the door belied the fact that it was priced at $34/20

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    300WM, 7.62x54, 44mag, and 6.8SPC, were the only ammo in actual quantities. All other common ammo was Zero.

Another shop got some 5.56 in, and the line out the door belied the fact that it was priced at $34/20
    Where is this 6.8 SPC ammo?

Hawaii. LOL

He's probably got 30 cases left. No clue how we'd get it to you

User Tag List