Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 320 and extended magazines

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'll be curious to see if this becomes an issue with the M17/M18, considering the provision of the 21 round extended magazines. I think the OEM 21 round basepad is designed to prevent over-insertion with the standard frame, but not sure how this works with X-Carry/Legion frames.
    Apparently it is an issue. All three of the other ICE duty guns dead-lined with bent ejectors by over-inserting factory 21 round mags into X full size frames.

I have similar concerns about the mags with the OEM legion base plate.

I'm specifically just using the appropriate magazines with the appropriate frame-e.g., my Compact frame just gets used with Compact 15 round magazines, not the 17 round (or larger) Full-Size magazines. Problem averted.

If I situationally need more rounds, I'll perform a reload with a fresh magazine, as opposed to trying to shoehorn a larger magazine into the gun.

Best, Jon

The Wilson Combat carry-size frame (compact dust cover and 17-round sized grip) is good to go with factory 21-round magazines. The plastic in the grip and magazine baseplate prevent the magazine from contacting the ejector in a way that would cause damage.

It sounds like there is a market opportunity for 140mm extended baseplates that prevent over insertion on X/Legion and Wilson 320 grip modules.

User Tag List