Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 406: Rangemaster Baseline Skills Assessment Drill

Pistol, holster, and concealment used
    Total points out of the possible 200

Springer RO9T, SME, flannel shirt

I had a light strike in the first string and restarted.

173-3x with 10 subtracted for overtime on string two. Could not get SHO together today.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Nomad 9/glock 19 gen 5 upper with holosun 507c. From an enigma with a haven defense holster. Under a button down shirt.

String 1 - 3.85/50

String 2- 3.02/30 (clean but .02 OT)

String 3 - 2.03/20

String 4- 7.22/60

String 5 - 3.36/40

190/200

I am usually on my winter shooting break/dry practice only routine during January and that was the case when we ran this last. Since I missed it then I decided to use it as my cold drill today. Very nice and easy to run assessment. Missed a perfect score by a smallest of margin...drat. I think i'm going to run my shooting partner through it the next time we go out as it will give him something to work toward. For me, it was a nice test for the brand new gun that I have never fired prior. Adding it to my range drills folder.

string 1

string 2

string 3

string 4

string 5
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Damn ya'll shoot good! I am making some improvements. Shot a 181 today at my local indoor, self timed, unfortunately (best I can do).

I was testing my 2023 order of carry ammo (Federal 124 HST standard pressure; no issues) with my P365X in the XL slide configuration today. Sights were the stock XRAY Sigs that came on the slide. Got 20 on paper, and I was happy with that, as normally my one handed shooting could stand some a lot of improving.

The HST was fairly zippy for a standard pressure; I'll have to go look at what the velocity is but it was not exactly Winchester White Box, that's for sure. I shot it with some left over Speer Gold Dot 115 as well as some current range/practice ammo, Blazer Brass 124. Very happy with point of aim = point of impact with this ammo.
    Name:  IMG_2517.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  61.5 KB

Why not.

G19 hybrid w/ Swampfox Justice, JMCK Wing Claw 2.0

Need to work more on SHO & WHO with the dot.

This one's goin' in The Book.

Name:  20230527_125132.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  35.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Damn ya'll shoot good! I am making some improvements. Shot a 181 today at my local indoor, self timed, unfortunately (best I can do).
    Did better yesterday, a 190-5X.

This was the first range session with the "P365 X-Macro Tacops" (gun was Lego'd together, it is not an actual Tacops). I had just dropped the FCU into the X-Macro grip and put the XL slide on. Magazines were my regular 20 rounders I plan to use for USPSA. Ammo was once-chambered Speer Gold Dot 124+p JHP carry ammo I had set aside.

I am still getting back used to the doughnut o' death 32 MOA circle (working on my index, been a minute since I shot dots) but I like it. Sight picture was both eyes open, target focused, not so much on the dot. See target, glimpse dot in sight picture, work trigger. For the one handed shots I really had to slow down, but Tom's drill is on the timer so you have to move along. My scores "don't count" really since I do not shoot them with my timer, being at the square range it's a problem picking up my shots vs. next stall, and I always imagine no one is thrilled with me going BEEEEP every 30 seconds or so. And I can't shoot from the holster there in any event.

Anyway, despite all those limitations, this exercise gives me a sense of what I need to work on, and I'm happy how this ended up.

Name:  IMG_3078.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  42.8 KB

User Tag List