Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This video will calm you, and make you either want sushi, or an expensive watch

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Doc are you saying that sushi is bad for me? What's next, my 64oz big gulp? Even if I wash it down with bourbon? Look, let me show you something I found online...What's that about my A1c?

No worries at all!

Just switch to a vegetable-based diet. You know, go into your local Cracker Barrel and order a vegetable plate with things like french fries, fried okra, squash casserole, and of course my favorite macaroni and cheese.

Just like this guy.

https://youtu.be/4zZW3f1rkDM

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    No worries at all!

Just switch to a vegetable-based diet. You know, go into your local Cracker Barrel and order a vegetable plate with things like french fries, fried okra, squash casserole, and of course my favorite macaroni and cheese.

Just like this guy.

https://youtu.be/4zZW3f1rkDM
    Vegetable... like corn dogs?

Vegetable... like corn dogs?
    Now you're on the right track!
    Don't forget the liquid cheese.

Doc are you saying that sushi is bad for me? What's next, my 64oz big gulp? Even if I wash it down with bourbon? Look, let me show you something I found online...What's that about my A1c?
    Not if you get it at this place.

🥱 typical pf fare. Influencer, expensive, available. 😎. Jk Jk awesome all of it. 👍
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I didn’t need to see that. I love sushi, and being a huge Seiko fan have wanted a GS for years. Damn you.

Edit - ugh, I just saw the SBGE255.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 01-11-2021 at 09:37 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Gas station sushi is the bomb - in your pants.

Long time sushi fan here. We were dedicated to a place in Portland, OR. It closed when the owner became ill. My daughter at an early age was a whiz with chop sticks. The owner's grandfather watched her and said he was going to yell at his grandkids for being klutzes with them. In third grade, she had to make a post about herself and said her favorite food was eel (unaju forever!).

Here is a funny eel story (huh?). For those in the NW, it's a visit to Fred Meyer's. They have put in an Asian section and selling canned broiled eel. So I get some. I go to check out and the kid scans it. It doesn't register. So he gets on the loudspeaker (as they did in those days) and bellows: Floor - HOW MUCH FOR THE EEL?

You could here a pin drop. Well, the floor kid can't find it as it is tucked away in the Asian section. The clerk says to me: Sir, are you sure you got this here?

I reply: NO, I am a lunatic that goes into stores with cans of eel and tries to buy them!

Hilarity ensues. The manager comes over and I can buy the eel. This is all pre-Karen, so no one ended up tussling on the floor. I did not need to deploy my 442 with Nyclads.

Site Supporter
    Circa Summer 2009.

I sold 2 guns that work to buy outright an Omega 50th Anv Special New from a TX Bailey, Banks & Biddle that was closing out all their watches before ultimately going under. I am buying this watch new from an AD well under the 3K max I had, thinking I could find a decent used Rolex Sub. At 3K they were all beat up, badly.

I go to our National Training Center for a some training. I sit down at breakfast and am soon joined by a guy wearing a Rolex OP. He immediately compliments me on my Omega. I return the compliment and tell him my origin story on the Omega when asked about how I got into watches.

He then offers, as nice as these watches are, a Grand Seiko Spring Drive is a nicer watch in terms of fit/finish and accuracy. He then stated it was only available in Japan but had managed to buy one and had it shipped in. It had a "Spring Drive" and 72 hours of reserve. I had heard of GS but that was really it.

At lunch I was able to handle the Rolex OP and the GS side by side. I watched the smoothness of the second hand track on the GS. He was right. A nicer watch in every way.

In terms of ROI, a Rolex, certainly a stainless steel Rolex is tough to beat. Having said that, for 5 ish, you have a watch that is superlative and competitive with a Rolex that is substantially more money if it can even be found.

GS has already started to up their game. If I was really in the mkt, I would endeavor to buy a limited edition a bit behind retail and drive on.

YMMV

Wouls love to hear from any GS owners here. Perhaps I am just deluding myself...
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Rolex v. Grand Seiko- why I bought the GS...

https://timeandtidewatches.com/why-b...seiko-sbga413/
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List