Thread: Pelham man facing federal firearms charges after allegedly putting rifle stock on MCX

Pelham man facing federal firearms charges after allegedly putting rifle stock on MCX

Daniel Whitman, 36, of Pelham, New Hampshire, and Bin Lu, 49, a Chinese national living in Westford, were charged Jan. 6 by criminal complaint. Whitman and Lu allegedly possessed and manufactured items that are covered by the National Firearms Act, including a short-barreled rifle and suppressor. According to the criminal complaint, Hitman Firearms does not possess the required license to manufacture, or National Firearms Act status to possess, firearms regulated by the National Firearms Act. On several occasions, Lu and Whitman allegedly oversaw firearms training camps, consisting of shooting and tactics trainings, for Chinese tourists. Providing such trainings to foreign nationals requires a license from the U.S. Department of State, which Whitman and Lu never applied for nor received, the press release said.
    https://www.unionleader.com/news/cri...9f1b5ae8b.html

In reading the article it looks like they also may have been violating ITAR: "On several occasions, Lu and Whitman allegedly oversaw firearms training camps, consisting of shooting and tactics trainings, for Chinese tourists. Providing such trainings to foreign nationals requires a license from the U.S. Department of State, which Whitman and Lu never applied for nor received, the press release said."

Don't the foreigners have to have a hunting license or proof of some other shooting event?

But an unstamped SBR is an easy case.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I'd chalk this one up in the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" column.....

You gonna dabble in the SOT/ training world you best know what you are doing to stay legit or else you will get burnt down eventually...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

I’m taking a wait and see attitude on the SBR charges to be sure they aren’t hammering them for braces. This is the Boston field office, weren’t they the ones behind the brace reclassification BS last month?

Curiosity - how is this different than the ranges in Las Vegas that allow foreign nationals to shoot?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

By the way, “Hitman Firearms?” Really? Morons.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    By the way, “Hitman Firearms?” Really? Morons.
    I have driven by them but never gone in. The name tells me all I need to know i think.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

User Tag List