Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Consensus on Glock extended basepads?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I've had good luck with OEM and Pierce +2 and +1 (pierce only) extensions in the 9mm doublestacks.

Mixed experience with the TTI +2s in my G43 mags - the ones I installed didn't work, but the complete mags I got from them did, so very possibly just my fuck up. Vickers +2 and Piece +1 43 extensions seem GTG but I haven't tested them nearly as much as the doublestack extensions.

I also bought a few of the Dawson Precision Glock basepads at @Gio's suggestion for carry optics competition. So far they've served me well, and must be the easiest base pads to install.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    Thank you for the kind offer. If I can’t get them through the rep I may very well take you up on it.

Unfortunately, got hit with the Covid here so it will be a minute before I am sending anything to anyone lol.
    All good brother, get better! And yea, hit me up if you want to swap a few, I like using the tan ones for training mags to easily keep them segregated from my work mags.

Site Supporter
    I was at the range yesterday with OEM 10 rounders. Being next door to NJ/NYCT makes me keep three of those with 147gr flat point (Don’t want my name on ammo/LEOSA case law) in the car but I digress. On the timer, the +2 OEM backed with a G19 reload was on par with the OEM 10s during a draw to 2 rounds on a “Noner” steel at 25 yds. The 10s were noticeably slower on the reloads. Harder to consistently get clear of the empty gun and a little harder to yank from a BFG 10 speed pouch. Slower but not slow enough to dissuade me from using OEM 10s. I am considering ditching the +2 just based on the feel.
    Last edited by Jason M; 01-09-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I use the factory extended baseplate on my Glock 26 magazines. I've never had a problem with them shooting or carrying that gun in my pocket for a year at work. I use a standard Glock 19 magazine as a reload.

So, then, is the G26 magazine with the +2 extension the same length as the standard non-extended G19 magazine?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection. www.quantitativeammunitionselection.com

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    So, then, is the G26 magazine with the +2 extension the same length as the standard non-extended G19 magazine?
    No. About 1/2" shorter in the front of the grip...about 1" shorter in the rear.
    The only difference between our taliban and theirs are the duds.

Site Supporter
    For defensive purposes-Std Capacity-OEM baseplates. Full Stop. No after market, no OEM +2. Not reliable for me early on. Had and saw more than one grenade when dropped on hard concrete at speed in a match.

For training and up to semi serious competitive purposes- do whatever you are big enough to do.

For serious competitive purposes-out of my lane- I would do and use whatever Robert Vogel does and uses.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Can anyone speak to these?

I traded into 4 sets for a G48, which I will most likely never carry or employ for anything other than fun. They use the factory base plates, so the kit comes with a sleeve and spring only.

To be honest, I was planning to install 1 for grins and see whats what.

I have only used Arredondos once with a G19 but very low round count. The +2 that came with my G26 was never used.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    No. About 1/2" shorter in the front of the grip...about 1" shorter in the rear.
    OK. Thanks.

I've been thinking about acquiring a G26 (well, two, actually 'cause "one is none, two is one") because...well...just because. Like I really "need" more guns? 🙄 🤣😂🤣😂

Ruled out the G43 because of the size of my hands (alien/mutant length fingers), so for a full-power (9mm and up) subcompact the G26 is it.

Knowing that G19 magazines are a close fit and won't appreciably increase printing is a nice option to have for spares in the belt carrier.

Thanks, blues.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection. www.quantitativeammunitionselection.com

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    OK. Thanks.

I've been thinking about acquiring a G26 (well, two, actually 'cause "one is none, two is one") because...well...just because. Like I really "need" more guns? 🙄 🤣😂🤣😂

Ruled out the G43 because of the size of my hands (alien/mutant length fingers), so for a full-power subcompact the G26 is it.

Knowing that G19 magazines are a close fit and won't increase printing is nice option to have for spares in the belt carrier.

Thanks, blues.
    You're welcome. It's a great gun, imho...and the only one I've backed up with a spare. (And perfect for LEOSA.)
    The only difference between our taliban and theirs are the duds.

User Tag List