Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Consensus on Glock extended basepads?

Magazines falling apart when dropped on concrete to me are really only a concern to me in training / match application...in my world if I drop that magazine (non retention reload) it’s gone...the investigators can recover it later. Not to say I don’t want robust magazines but fullish magazines falling on to concrete is about as bad as it gets and I wouldn’t really expect any magazine to be able to do that repeatedly.

My personal practice is to only carry with stock Glock magazines that have never had the floorplate removed. As we have often discussed, magazines are key to the performance of semi-auto pistol. It also appears that none of the non-OEM magazines perform as well as the OEM ones. As such, I see no reason to mess with them.

I use a stock ten-round G26.3 magazine with nine loaded and the spare(s) is/are a G17 magazine with sixteen loaded when carrying my chopped G17.3 or the NPE Glock 26.3. I also consider Glock magazines to be consumables, so spending additional funds to add a round or two does not make sense for me. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I also bought a few of the Dawson Precision Glock basepads at @Gio's suggestion for carry optics competition. So far they've served me well, and must be the easiest base pads to install.
    I have had great luck using the Dawson extensions over 2 seasons of Carry Optics. 22 fit easily, 23 can be made to fit and will function for those times when the insurance factor replaces a reload, which is not often.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    All good brother, get better! And yea, hit me up if you want to swap a few, I like using the tan ones for training mags to easily keep them segregated from my work mags.
    That is exactly what I do. Thanks .
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You're welcome. It's a great gun, imho...and the only one I've backed up with a spare. (And perfect for LEOSA.)
    Perhaps if I get everything that I need before the end of June, I'll be able to run the 26 when my LEOSA requal is due. Otherwise, it'll be the tried 'n true 17 which ain't a bad thing since it is as comfortable to me as a pair of well worn jeans and t-shirt.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Can anyone speak to these?

I traded into 4 sets for a G48, which I will most likely never carry or employ for anything other than fun. They use the factory base plates, so the kit comes with a sleeve and spring only.

To be honest, I was planning to install 1 for grins and see whats what.
    I am very interested to hear about your experience with these.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    OK. Thanks.

I've been thinking about acquiring a G26 (well, two, actually 'cause "one is none, two is one") because...well...just because. Like I really "need" more guns? 🙄 🤣😂🤣😂

Ruled out the G43 because of the size of my hands (alien/mutant length fingers), so for a full-power (9mm and up) subcompact the G26 is it.

Knowing that G19 magazines are a close fit and won't appreciably increase printing is a nice option to have for spares in the belt carrier.

Thanks, blues.
    I think the g26 is one of the best guns that Glock sells. If I could only be limited to one, It'd probably be a G26. Certainly their most versatile carry gun. On my build (5'10, ~165lb), the G26 w/+2 mag hides just better enough (AIWB) vs. a G19 to make it a worthwhile trade-off. It's probably the gun that I carry the most often year-round.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I am very interested to hear about your experience with these.
    PM your address and I will send you 2 of them. And between the 2 of us we can provide some feedback to PF. My shooting for 2021 will slow way down but I hope to put some rounds through the used but new to me G48 (traded with a PF member).

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    PM your address and I will send you 2 of them. And between the 2 of us we can provide some feedback to PF. My shooting for 2021 will slow way down but I hope to put some rounds through the used but new to me G48 (traded with a PF member).
    Ray that is most generous of you. I’ll send you a PM shortly.

I’ve heard about and used several basepads, extended and +0, for my double stack Glocks I’ve owned (26, 19, 34) but I wasn’t even so much as aware that Ghost made these for the 43X/48. I will certainly give them a run, post the results and send them back to you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    So, then, is the G26 magazine with the +2 extension the same length as the standard non-extended G19 magazine?
    Like Blues said it is just a little shorter. And of course the 26 magazine holds 12 rounds where the 19 magazine holds 15.

ETA I know it's slightly off topic but I've had good luck with the Magpul 12 Glock 26 magazines also. The only issue that I've had with them is they don't tend to drop free like the factory magazines do.
    Last edited by Cypher; 01-10-2021 at 12:17 AM.

User Tag List