Thread: MGW sight Pro, It's a really nice tool.

MGW sight Pro, It's a really nice tool.

I just moved a front sight on a P-30. Somehow, from the factory, the front sight was pushed into an extreme position to the port side of the slide. I never noticed it until a few weeks ago when I shot for the first time and couldn't get a group on a pie plate at 15 yards. I tried the punch but had no luck moving it to center. Bought this MGW pro sight pusher after reading some input here.

It's a hurkin piece of a tool and probably gunsmith grade gear, but it's easy to use and moves sights like putting butter on toast. I'm taking it to the range when I proof my alignment. The rear may need some adjustment but that will be easy with this tool.

Thanks for the input. I wish I had this tool 10 years ago.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Use the end of a digital caliper like a depth gauge to ensure that the distance from each side of the slide to the edge of the dovetail for the sight is the same. If you ensure that the front and rear sights are centered in this manner, you may find that confirming sight alignment at the range is a much faster process, requiring less ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I have one it is a great tool.

We have one at work. It's absolutely fantastic.

In the age of tall sights almost all the old "factory" sight pushers are useless. I've been doing a lot punch and tap for the past few years.

The new MGW tool could have saved a lot of headaches.

User Tag List