Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Grand Cherokee release

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That’s prolly the Overland model with adjustable height.
    ...and it's definitely the "L" version. There's no 2 row photos or videos released yet, only the L is on Jeep's website.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Until our 04 Pilot with 362,000 miles gives-up, I ain't vehicle shoppin'!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I’ve seen rice burners and low riders with better ground clearance and angles.
    But it's got Apple CarPlay.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I'm leery of anything coming out of Fiat/Dailmler/Mistu/Chrysler no matter how nice it looks.
    The V8 / 8 speed versions are remarkably robust. Several people I know report no issues as are fiercely loyal. My wife has a 19 Trailhawk, no problems yet but she doesn’t go far.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I’ve seen rice burners and low riders with better ground clearance and angles.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That’s prolly the Overland model with adjustable height.
    This- “Trail Rated” badge is visible on front fender. They do look a little anemic in the “park” position.

Site Supporter
    The gear selector dial is a tough pill to swallow. I drove a Ford rental with one and absolutely hated it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I'm leery of anything coming out of Fiat/Dailmler/Mistu/Chrysler no matter how nice it looks.
    The 3.6 V6 and 8 speed ZF tranny are well known as being solid.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I am leery of anything with an air suspension, but I keep vehicles long term. Air suspensions are often not long term without significant cost.
    I believe the air suspension is an available package? I'm in the market for a new family hauler as my boys are getting bigger. I briefly looked at the new Defender 110, but am put off by their use of air suspension, overly complicated suite of electronics and the initial (unsurprising) reports of poor reliability.

This looks like a viable alternative. What I'm really toying around with is the idea of getting a used GX460 (Landcruiser Prado) as it is a three seater with great off-road capability. The kid in me has ALWAYS wanted to get an SUV with a ARB Bull Guard, Roof Rack, etc.

With CDJR think extended warranty.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    I believe the air suspension is an available package?
    It comes on certain packages. The Overlander gets it standard, for example. I don't know if it's a stand-alone option on lower trims. The Ram Rebel used to have it standard, but it's now optional. It's a closed nitrogen filled system.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

@BehindBlueI's

A man like you who don't need no stinkin' air suspension needs to get yourself an XJ-chassis Cherokee before they go completely bananas on value. The XJs are well on their way to collectible status like an old Land Rover, FJ Cruiser, IH Scout, etc.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List