Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Grand Cherokee release

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

New Grand Cherokee release

Grand Cherokee continuing to move upscale and will now have a 3rd row option:

Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Looks sweet! The GF and I test drove a 2020 GC Trailhawk and really enjoyed driving it, but she really wants 3rd row capability and the 2020 GC also was narrower than we like for seating room. She's planning on buying a Palisade this spring, but might have to check this new GC out first. I suspect it will be a lot more expensive than a loaded Palisade though.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Moving to higher ASPs is probably the only way for automakers to survive in the current economy. Sales volume are down ~15% YoY; the extra margin on higher ASPs from relatively wealthy buyers who can afford to purchase new in the current economy are the only sensible way to go.

Pardon the ignorance, but a quick Google yielded nothing. What is ASP in this context?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Pardon the ignorance, but a quick Google yielded nothing. What is ASP in this context?
    Actual Sale Price

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Looks sweet! The GF and I test drove a 2020 GC Trailhawk and really enjoyed driving it, but she really wants 3rd row capability and the 2020 GC also was narrower than we like for seating room. She's planning on buying a Palisade this spring, but might have to check this new GC out first. I suspect it will be a lot more expensive than a loaded Palisade though.
    I am leery of anything with an air suspension, but I keep vehicles long term. Air suspensions are often not long term without significant cost. I defied the odds with a 1995 Lincoln TownCar with right at 300k miles on it when I sold it that still had a surviving and functioning airbag system, but I probably used all my air suspension luck with that one.

Side note, I loved that car. My wife hated it. "It's an old man car" she would say. "It's like driving a Barcalounger sofa down the road" I'd counter. I finally sold it when my old truck busted a transfer case. I sold the (now 2wd) truck and car to help fund an extended cab Super Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I am leery of anything with an air suspension, but I keep vehicles long term. Air suspensions are often not long term without significant cost. I defied the odds with a 1995 Lincoln TownCar with right at 300k miles on it when I sold it that still had a surviving and functioning airbag system, but I probably used all my air suspension luck with that one.

Side note, I loved that car. My wife hated it. "It's an old man car" she would say. "It's like driving a Barcalounger sofa down the road" I'd counter. I finally sold it when my old truck busted a transfer case. I sold the (now 2wd) truck and car to help fund an extended cab Super Duty.
    Understood, I've seen comments here in other threads complaining about air suspensions. As far as TownCars, well as far back as my childhood my dad would always rent Towncars when we'd fly somewhere. Even as a kid who wasn't at all into cars, I was always blown away at how smooth and comfortable those things drove!

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I am leery of anything with an air suspension

I'm leery of anything coming out of Fiat/Dailmler/Mistu/Chrysler no matter how nice it looks.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I’ve seen rice burners and low riders with better ground clearance and angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I’ve seen rice burners and low riders with better ground clearance and break over angles....
    That’s prolly the Overland model with adjustable height.
    #RESIST

User Tag List