Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Fitness & Weight Loss Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    In.

Started 1/2/21 at 188.0 lbs and 36.50” waist.

Primary objective is to get to a Waist to Height Ratio near 50.0%, so for me at 5’6” that means 3.5” off my waist. My goal weight is whatever weight I am at that point.

Currently on a 1,750 cal allowance per MyFitness Pal tracking, healthy Keto diet keeping net carbs bellow 50 g daily. Gym regimen is a weight training session consisting of multiple sets of squats, bench, lat pull, low row, angled bar lift, Preacher curls, and rope pull downs, followed by a four exercise set (plank, dogs, bicycle kicks, leg lifts) and then a 30” cardio session on the Elliptical machine. I do this 3x a week.
    After flirting with 175 briefly before the holidays, I ended the year overall 10 lbs down, to 178.0, as of this morning.

I'm still EDC the P365x in size 34's, and fit into a size 32 for pocket carry. The end of the year has been occupied with other life gets in the way things, so I've lost focus on my weight loss.

Still, I've managed to keep off the majority of the 32 lbs I've lost since starting on the low carb / higher fat / moderate protein keto program in 2020. Reflecting on December, a lack of attention to the usual things I've done that worked in the past meant I slid up a few pounds. Anyway, moving on. Back at it today.

Best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy 2022.

I've gotten the diabeetus under control with the insulin, and the A1c to a mo-bettah 5.8-6.2 range, as opposed to 8.6 in February.
    The blood sugar is level and consistent at the 3x checks during the day.

Weight is down between 190-195, and where I see the difference is my clothing.
    At almost 58 (jan.), my stomach is flat again, and the flubber 'round my waist is shrinking...so much so that I've dropped 2 pants sizes, and shirts are a large now instead of an XL.

My biggest weakness or failure is exercise... I have a job that is very physical, and I use that as an excuse to not.

Carbs are tough. Sweets are tougher. they kinda go hand in hand, but I am really learning to ignore the cravings. The Thanksgiving/Christmas foods were definitely a test that I passed, with restraint.

Congrats to all, and a Blessed New Year to all of you. Keep up the progress!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Is this the current weight loss thread?

I weighed today and I’m 75kg which is 165/66 pounds? I’m shocked. Not long ago I was over 180 and hovered around 175-178 after losing some.

What have I done deferent? Totally eliminate gluten. Still eat like crazy but I lift, workout and have projects around the house. The other day in one meal I ate six tacos, order of fries, order of rice, cookies, ice cream, pie and three diet sodas.

The down side is I’ve lost a tad bit of strength in deadlift and OHP. Still I feel better and my squat is not bad at 405.

Can’t believe I have lost so much. In fact I don’t believe it, and I’ll weigh and different scales to check it again. My clothes do feel better in some ways and my pants are looser.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is this the current weight loss thread?

I weighed today and I’m 75kg which is 165/66 pounds? I’m shocked. Not long ago I was over 180 and hovered around 175-178 after losing some.

What have I done deferent? Totally eliminate gluten. Still eat like crazy but I lift, workout and have projects around the house. The other day in one meal I ate six tacos, order of fries, order of rice, cookies, ice cream, pie and three diet sodas.

The down side is I’ve lost a tad bit of strength in deadlift and OHP. Still I feel better and my squat is not bad at 405.

Can’t believe I have lost so much. In fact I don’t believe it, and I’ll weigh and different scales to check it again. My clothes do feel better in some ways and my pants are looser.
    I'm basically the reverse situation right now.

Post wedding I'm a whole ass 35lbs heavier at about 180lbs.

Granted I also have been lifting more consistently with a 5x5 program and the only tightness in my clothes seems to be around the waist and shoulders.

According to my job's health screener with the little body fat gizmo, my body fat is about the same, so I just assume I'm getting thicc

I've never weighed more than 155 before I got married lol.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Yea I got “phat” as well post wedding. Some strength but too much body fat.

I used to weigh around 155, but I think those days are likely done unless something goes wrong.

I’m still suspect that I only weigh 165-67 ish. However, cutting out gluten means I eat less bread and cookies. The gluten free stuff is not cheap and seems to fill me a little better. Maybe it’s just psychological, but I don’t care if it’s working.

I think your a little taller than me right, and a little younger? I’m 5ft 4in and 35.

My next question is, am I willing to do what it takes to stay leaner and get back up to 180 so that I can increase my strength levels. I think mine are very decent for my size and weight but I want more more more. Just feel better lighter.

What 5x5 lifts are you doing? If your gaining strength and not much fat that’s awesome!

I’m off lifting for a while due to being in Mexico but I’m ready to get back in the gym. Even though I truly hate the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    After flirting with 175 briefly before the holidays, I ended the year overall 10 lbs down, to 178.0, as of this morning.

I'm still EDC the P365x in size 34's, and fit into a size 32 for pocket carry. The end of the year has been occupied with other life gets in the way things, so I've lost focus on my weight loss.

Still, I've managed to keep off the majority of the 32 lbs I've lost since starting on the low carb / higher fat / moderate protein keto program in 2020. Reflecting on December, a lack of attention to the usual things I've done that worked in the past meant I slid up a few pounds. Anyway, moving on. Back at it today.

Best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy 2022.
    Checking in at 181.4 this morning. Not good, not bad.

Recently started back on My Fitness Pal, logging in all food. It raises my awareness and helps me make better choices.

As in:

128 g net carbs from a Pizza is not a good thing.

Ahem.

Currently sitting at 5’9” and 158.6lbs as of this morning. SWAG of around 15% body fat. Currently going through another move, getting the boat commissioned for the season, and some extreme deadlines at work so the next few weeks are going to be challenging.

Ideally once I am able to focus more time and energy on the KB I’d like to get down to ~12% BF. Which should put me at about 150lbs. I’ve had a bunch of total blowout cheat meals that have essential killed my weekly deficit as of late. Not concerned as I haven’t gained just stayed a bit stagnant.

Side note I’ve got a 24kg KB on its way as the 20kg was getting very light for one arm swings and TGU.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Currently sitting at 5’9” and 158.6lbs as of this morning. SWAG of around 15% body fat. Currently going through another move, getting the boat commissioned for the season, and some extreme deadlines at work so the next few weeks are going to be challenging.

Ideally once I am able to focus more time and energy on the KB I’d like to get down to ~12% BF. Which should put me at about 150lbs. I’ve had a bunch of total blowout cheat meals that have essential killed my weekly deficit as of late. Not concerned as I haven’t gained just stayed a bit stagnant.

Side note I’ve got a 24kg KB on its way as the 20kg was getting very light for one arm swings and TGU.
    Down to 153.7, 24kg KB gets used for everything now, and life has settled. No complaints here, I will keep up with the current plan and try and get down to the 12% goal.

I hate putting personal info out on line like this but at this point I feel I may have to sacrifice a little privacy for possible positive results

Has anyone tried any "alternatives"? I don't know what I mean by that except not conventional diet and exercise. I've pretty much run out of ideas and nothing "conventional" has worked.

I'm 6'1 215 now but my normal weight was 165. About a decade ago I went from 165 to 220 in less than a year without changing anything and I've been struggling to loose it ever since. Over the last few years I barely managed to loose 20lbs by spending hours on the treadmill each evening and eating mostly green vegetables. However, in Oct I got covid and within 2 weeks I gained 10lbs from nothing.... actually from eating less since I wasn't hungry when sick.

I know food plays a huge role but I've ALWAYS eaten healthy.

Tracking calories I rarely go over 1000 a day.

I've tried personal trainers, dietitians, doctors.....you name it. Doctors can't seem to find anything. I think I've done just about every type of blood work imaginable. Just recently a doctor gave me some new injection crap that's meant for diabetics but apparently has shown to work on weight loss. I'm not a fan of this kind of crap so at the moment im not touching it.

My glucose hovers just under 100 and A1C 5.5 -5.7. My cholesterol is 265 with a big portion being HDL. Triglycerides are perfect.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I hate putting personal info out on line like this but at this point I feel I may have to sacrifice a little privacy for possible positive results

Has anyone tried any "alternatives"? I don't know what I mean by that except not conventional diet and exercise. I've pretty much run out of ideas and nothing "conventional" has worked.

I'm 6'1 215 now but my normal weight was 165. About a decade ago I went from 165 to 220 in less than a year without changing anything and I've been struggling to loose it ever since. Over the last few years I barely managed to loose 20lbs by spending hours on the treadmill each evening and eating mostly green vegetables. However, in Oct I got covid and within 2 weeks I gained 10lbs from nothing.... actually from eating less since I wasn't hungry when sick.

I know food plays a huge role but I've ALWAYS eaten healthy.

Tracking calories I rarely go over 1000 a day.

I've tried personal trainers, dietitians, doctors.....you name it. Doctors can't seem to find anything. I think I've done just about every type of blood work imaginable. Just recently a doctor gave me some new injection crap that's meant for diabetics but apparently has shown to work on weight loss. I'm not a fan of this kind of crap so at the moment im not touching it.

My glucose hovers just under 100 and A1C 5.5 -5.7. My cholesterol is 265 with a big portion being HDL. Triglycerides are perfect.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I'm not a doctor, nutritionist or trainer, but I bet that eating a low calorie diet and focusing on cardiovascular exercise has caused your body to adapt. Your body has shed muscle that you're not using to lower your caloric demand and your metabolism has tanked to get by on your super low caloric intake.

You don't mention what your fitness goals are, but I'm assuming it's body composition related if you're spending hours on a treadmill and eating at starvation levels. You may find that "reverse dieting" for a few months combined with a solid resistance training program (like a Starting Strength Novice Linear Program) will help out long term improving body composition and health. By building muscle, you increase you basal metabolic rate and increase the number of calories you burn when you're exercising. Thus, when you transition back to a "cut" you body is more efficient of burning excess calories/fat. Plus, what guy doesn't want more muscle?

A few years ago, I made the mistake of severe dieting combined with tons of cycling to lose weight. I dropped 44 pounds in a matter of a few months only to realize that 20 pounds of that weight was muscle mass that I lost. I was fast on my bike, but overall my power was down and even my watts/KG (dorky cycling jargon) were marginally better than where I started from. I've spent the past two years trying to regain that 20 lbs of muscle. It's been a lot more work rebuilding the muscle than losing it was, but ultimately I feel better and I enjoy eating 3000 calories and 200+ grams of protein a day.

User Tag List